Why Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Should Accept Contract Offer From ChelseaPublished: June 17, 2019
Chelsea and Nigeria-eligible midfielder Tariq Uwakwe will complete his contract with Chelsea on June 30 and the club have reportedly offered him a new deal.
The Blues are happy with Uwakwe's progress and they want to keep him at Stamford Bridge beyond this summer.
However, the 19-year-old is yet to reveal his stand over his future as he continues to ponder his chances of getting many first-team opportunities next season.
Considering the level of progress he's made at Stamford Bridge over the years, Uwakwe should accept the new deal as soon as possible to continue his growth.
The highly-rated youngster must ensure a steady growth in his career and that's what the West London club have provided him for more than ten years.
As much as it's important to get regular first-team actions at tender age, Uwakwe shouldn't be too eager to make his debut for the senior squad.
Uwakwe has a bright chance of making his first-team debut next season as he might impress the new Chelsea manager after Maurizio Sarri confirmed his departure yesterday.
Staying with the Europa League champions will ultimately save him from the struggles of settling into a new environment and the unnecessary pressure of impressing his new clubs or fans.
Uwakwe still has a lot to learn from Chelsea's well-established players should he accept his new deal.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football