Confirmed : 6'6 Defender Sowunmi Joins Colchester United On Two-Year DealPublished: July 01, 2019
EFL League Two club Colchester United have confirmed the signing of Omar Sowunmi who played for Yeovil Town last season.
The 6'6 defender has penned a two-year deal with Colchester United, ending his four-year stint at Yeovil Town in the process.
Born in Colchester, Essex, Sowunmi began his career at Ipswich Town Academy and enjoyed loan spells at Braintree Town and Lowestoft Town whilst at Portman Road.
The 23-year-old has recorded 70 appearances in the Football League, scoring three goals and setting up six others.
Predominantly a center back, Sowunmi can be deployed as a striker in emergency situations.
He has a Nigerian father and English mom and is eligible to represent the Super Eagles and Three Lions at international level.
Photo Credit : .cu-fc.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Every Player Is Important' - Arsenal Boss Suggests Saka Is Not On The Bench To Make Up The Numbers
- Tomori Admits One Chelsea Player Played A Part In His First Premier League Goal
- Arsenal Legend Reveals The One Problem Iwobi Had At The Emirates
- Nigeria International Center-back Stars On Competitive Debut For Real Madrid
- To Turn Pro This Week : Arsenal's Azeez Names Saka, Barca & Real Madrid Legends As Role Models
- Two Arsenal Goalkeepers Willing To Play For Nigeria Are Injured
- Nigerian Exports : PAOK's Akpom, West Brom's Ajayi, Hearts' Uche, Rosenborg's Adegbenro Score
- Lampard Reveals He Has Not Spoken To Abraham About Nigeria, Tips Striker For England Call-Up
- Everton Star Iwobi Reveals When He Decided To Leave Arsenal
- How Ndidi Reacted To Leicester City's Loss To Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football