Nigeria Football Federation Target Makes First Team Debut For ChelseaPublished: July 11, 2019
Promising Nigerian striker Ike Ugbo was handed a first-team debut by manager Frank Lampard as Chelsea were held to a 1-1 draw by Bohemians in a pre-season friendly staged in Dublin on Wednesday evening.
The 20-year-old played his first game for the senior side, albeit in a friendly, when he took to the Dalymount Park pitch for the start of the second half, one of the eleven changes made by Lampard.
Ugbo could have made his Blues first team debut before now but was a non-playing substitute in a post-season friendly against New England Revolution on May 16, 2019.
Michy Batshuayi's 8th minute strike was cancelled out by trialist Eric Molloy a minute from time.
Ugbo missed a glorious opportunity to score the winner on his Chelsea debut when his effort over the onrushing keeper stopped just short of the goal-line in the closing minutes.
Against the Irish opponents, the striker played with the number 20 kit which was worn by Callum Hudson-Odoi last season.
He made his U23 debut for Chelsea as a schoolboy on September 14 2014, six months after he made his maiden appearance for the U18s.
Ugbo visited the Super Eagles Crowne Plaza Hotel Ealing hotel ahead of a friendly with Serbia in March 2018 to hold talks with the Nigerian Federation over committing his future to the three-time African champions.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- 'A Lot Of Historic Players (Zidane) Of French Football Came From Here' -Ex-Sunderland Star Maja On Why He Joined Bordeaux
- Former Manchester United Starlet Kehinde Inching Closer To Pro Debut
- 26-Goal Hitman Could Be The Solution To Chelsea's Striker Problems
- 'New Aubameyang' Nets Maiden Goal For Club Brugge Ahead Of Season Opener
- Reading Move For Former Nigeria U17 Invitee Gathers Pace
- FC Midtjylland's Okosun Nets Winner; Sogndal's Adams Bags Brace
- Chelsea Handed Fitness Boost Pre-Barcelona As Abraham Returns To Training
- Photo Confirmation : Nigeria International Striker Joins Korean Club Jeju United
- 'I Hope We Sign World Class Players' - Iwobi Denies Quit Reports
- 'Collins Is A Player With A German Mentality' - Rohr Offers Highest Possible Praise For 'Very Important' Super Eagle
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football