Two Nigerian Teenagers Included In Arsenal Squad For Pre-Season Game In United StatesPublished: July 11, 2019
Young Nigerian midfielder James Olayinka has earned his first senior call-up to the Arsenal team after he was included in the traveling party to the United States by manager Unai Emery.
The Gunners have unveiled a list of twenty-nine players in the squad to America and it includes two players eligible to represent the Nigeria national teams, with winger Bukayo Saka also selected.
Olayinka, 18, was spotted training with Arsenal's first teamers this week, fueling speculation that he was in contention to be named on the roster.
Nigeria U23 international Kelechi Nwakali, goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo, winger Xavier Amaechi and fit-again central defender Joseph Olowu who have all trained with the first team in the past are not part of the group.
Alex Iwobi has not made the traveling squad because of international commitments with Nigeria and it is all but confirmed that he'll miss pre-season training as the Super Eagles have qualified for the semifinals of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Arsenal will face Colorado Rapids in Denver on July 15, before International Champions Cup games against
Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and Real Madrid in Los Angeles, Charlotte and Washington DC respectively.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Coach Rohr Receives Good News From Italy Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
- Super Eagles Lose One Place In Latest FIFA Ranking, Now 34th In The World
- Brazil To Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly Friday, Liverpool Star Definitely Out
- Chelsea In Talks With Nigerian Duo Over New Five-Year Contracts
- Femi Azeez Joins Reading; Younger Brother To Sign New Arsenal Deal On Friday
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football