Super Eagles Recovery Session : Musa, Ighalo, Awaziem Suffer Knocks Vs RSA; Mikel Trains Fully; GKs Extensively Drilled; Shehu Not InvolvedPublished: July 11, 2019
Less than twenty-four hours after their 2-1 win against South Africa, the Super Eagles returned to the training pitch on Thursday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The players participated in jogging and aerobic exercises before they were split into two groups.
The substitutes not involved in yesterday's game did more of the kickabout while the three goalkeepers Daniel Akpeyi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Francis Uzoho were extensively drilled by the goalkeeper trainers.
Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo and Chidozie Awaziem suffered knocks in the quarterfinal clash against Bafana Bafana, and the trio sat out the recovery session but were all present at the training ground.
The Super Eagles number 9 is not in danger of missing the semifinal match against either Ivory Coast or Algeria on Sunday, July 14.
Bursaspor defender Abdullahi Shehu did not train fully and was attended to by the physiotherapist who applied an ice pack on his thigh.
It appears John Obi Mikel's injury problems are fully behind him as he took part in all the physical exercises.
The new Trabzonspor signing sustained a knee injury in the Super Eagles final group game against Madagascar on June 30 and was a non-playing substitute against South Africa.
Photo Credit : thenff.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Coach Rohr Receives Good News From Italy Ahead Of Brazil Friendly
- Super Eagles Lose One Place In Latest FIFA Ranking, Now 34th In The World
- Brazil To Announce Squad For Nigeria Friendly Friday, Liverpool Star Definitely Out
- Chelsea In Talks With Nigerian Duo Over New Five-Year Contracts
- Femi Azeez Joins Reading; Younger Brother To Sign New Arsenal Deal On Friday
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football