'Algeria Will Have Another Warrior To Play Vs Nigeria' - Galatasaray's Feghouli Admits He's Doubtful For AFCON SemifinalPublished: July 11, 2019
Algeria have progressed to the semifinals of the Africa Cup of Nations after beating Ivory Coast on penalties and will be facing three-time African champions Nigeria in Cairo on Sunday, July 14.
Desert Foxes manager Djamel Belmadi could be without two of his key players when they play the Super Eagles.
Sofiane Feghouli and Youcef Atal had to be substituted against the Elephants after they suffered injuries; the OGC Nice fullback is all but ruled out of the tournament while the Galatasaray star is racing against the clock to be fit.
Speaking in the mixed zone after the quarterfinal match vs Ivory Coast, Feghouli was quoted as saying by Le Buteur : ''I do not know exactly the seriousness of my injury. But I will see with the national team doctor.
''Even though I will not be fit to play Nigeria, Algeria will have another warrior to play in this match.''
The Super Eagles beat Algeria 3-1 in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers in Uyo and were held to a 1-1 draw in the return leg but the result was overturned and the North Africans awarded a 3-0 win after FIFA punished Nigeria for fielding an ineligible player, Abdullahi Shehu.
Photo Credit : cafonline.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Manchester United Starlet Kehinde Inching Closer To Pro Debut
- 26-Goal Hitman Could Be The Solution To Chelsea's Striker Problems
- 'New Aubameyang' Nets Maiden Goal For Club Brugge Ahead Of Season Opener
- Reading Move For Former Nigeria U17 Invitee Gathers Pace
- FC Midtjylland's Okosun Nets Winner; Sogndal's Adams Bags Brace
- Chelsea Handed Fitness Boost Pre-Barcelona As Abraham Returns To Training
- Photo Confirmation : Nigeria International Striker Joins Korean Club Jeju United
- 'I Hope We Sign World Class Players' - Iwobi Denies Quit Reports
- 'Collins Is A Player With A German Mentality' - Rohr Offers Highest Possible Praise For 'Very Important' Super Eagle
- The Six Strikers Who Can Replace Physical Ighalo As Super Eagles Number 9
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football