Why Arsenal's Olayinka Must Prefer A Loan Move Despite Handed Pre-season Chance by EmeryPublished: July 20, 2019
Apart from helping managers perfect their tactics ahead of a new season, pre-season matches give youngsters great opportunity to lay claim for a spot in their manager's squad list for an upcoming season.
Arsenal are currently in the United States for their pre-season camping and two friendly matches have been played, including a 2-1 victory over Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich.
Out of the two games, the one that got allnigeriasoccer.com's attention was the clash between the Gunners and Colorado Rapids which ended 3-0 in favor of the Unai Emery's side.
Two Nigeria-eligible players were on parade and one of them, James Olayinka, made his full debut for the Gunners.
The 18-year-old's overall display throughout the encounter was nothing short of brilliance as he showed his readiness for more first-team duties if given the opportunity.
As much as he has high hopes of breaking into Unai Emery's team in 2019-20 season, leaving the Emirates Stadium on loan this summer will be more beneficial to him.
The young Nigeria-eligible midfielder could struggle for game time considering the quality of players ahead of him in the Gunners pecking order of midfielders
It is important he finds a club where his potential will be put to test in a very competitive atmosphere.
Having featured in 13 Premier League 2 matches in his career, it won't be out of place to admit he is ripe for regular first team games.
The highly-rated Olayinka won't lack suitors if Arsenal decide to place him on the list of players whom they want to loan out of the Emirates Stadium.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- Nigeria Battling It Out With England For Promising Chelsea Goalkeeper
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football