Why Arsenal's Olayinka Must Prefer A Loan Move Despite Handed Pre-season Chance by EmeryPublished: July 20, 2019
Apart from helping managers perfect their tactics ahead of a new season, pre-season matches give youngsters great opportunity to lay claim for a spot in their manager's squad list for an upcoming season.
Arsenal are currently in the United States for their pre-season camping and two friendly matches have been played, including a 2-1 victory over Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich.
Out of the two games, the one that got allnigeriasoccer.com's attention was the clash between the Gunners and Colorado Rapids which ended 3-0 in favor of the Unai Emery's side.
Two Nigeria-eligible players were on parade and one of them, James Olayinka, made his full debut for the Gunners.
The 18-year-old's overall display throughout the encounter was nothing short of brilliance as he showed his readiness for more first-team duties if given the opportunity.
As much as he has high hopes of breaking into Unai Emery's team in 2019-20 season, leaving the Emirates Stadium on loan this summer will be more beneficial to him.
The young Nigeria-eligible midfielder could struggle for game time considering the quality of players ahead of him in the Gunners pecking order of midfielders
It is important he finds a club where his potential will be put to test in a very competitive atmosphere.
Having featured in 13 Premier League 2 matches in his career, it won't be out of place to admit he is ripe for regular first team games.
The highly-rated Olayinka won't lack suitors if Arsenal decide to place him on the list of players whom they want to loan out of the Emirates Stadium.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Interim Coach Ljungberg Explains Why Saka Was Upset With Him Before Standard Liege Tie
- 'Saka Is Genuinely What Chelsea Fans Think CHO Is' - Fans Hail Arsenal Creator After Goal & Assist
- Dinamo's Iyayi Misses Chance To Show Off To Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Barca, 10 Other Euro Teams
- UEL: Teenage Nigerian Midfielder Makes Arsenal Matchday 18 For The First Time In Career
- QPR Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Explains Thinking Behind Wonder Goal Vs Birmingham
- African Giants Al Ahly Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Blessing Eleke
- Sky Sports Pundit Names The Nigerian Player Likely To Start For Arsenal Vs Standard Liege
- Super Eagles Winger Needs 5 More Goals Or 9 Games To Become A Permanent Nantes Player
- 'He Can Play At The Three Front Positions' - Rohr Impressed By Versatility Of Bordeaux Striker Maja
- Top 5 Youngest Nigerian Players To Score In Champions League As Barcelona's Fati Makes History
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football