FC Midtjylland's Okosun Nets Winner; Sogndal's Adams Bags BracePublished: July 21, 2019
Catch up on the Nigerian players that were on target for their respective European clubs in league matches that took place on Sunday, July 21.
We begin at the MCH Arena in Herning where FC Midtjylland recorded a 2-1 win over Nordsjælland. The Wolves grabbed all three points thanks to Ayo Okosun's game winner in the 56th minute.
Okosun gave the home team a 2-1 lead with a well-placed shot from just outside the box. The 25-year-old is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, Denmark and Germany.
Young midfielder Frank Onyeka went the distance for Midtjylland while Okosun played for 73 minutes.
Remaining in Scandinavia, Flying Eagles star Akor Adams opened his account for the season in style, scoring two goals for Sogndal in their 5-2 hammering of Tromsdalen on game week 14 in the Norwegian First Division.
The teenage striker struck in the 31st minute to make it 3-1 and added gloss to the scoreline in the 61st minute, Sogndal's fifth goal.
Adams was involved in the first two matches played by the Nigeria U20s in the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup and was an unused substitute in the last two, against Ukraine and Senegal.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football