FC Midtjylland's Okosun Nets Winner; Sogndal's Adams Bags BracePublished: July 21, 2019
Catch up on the Nigerian players that were on target for their respective European clubs in league matches that took place on Sunday, July 21.
We begin at the MCH Arena in Herning where FC Midtjylland recorded a 2-1 win over Nordsjælland. The Wolves grabbed all three points thanks to Ayo Okosun's game winner in the 56th minute.
Okosun gave the home team a 2-1 lead with a well-placed shot from just outside the box. The 25-year-old is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, Denmark and Germany.
Young midfielder Frank Onyeka went the distance for Midtjylland while Okosun played for 73 minutes.
Remaining in Scandinavia, Flying Eagles star Akor Adams opened his account for the season in style, scoring two goals for Sogndal in their 5-2 hammering of Tromsdalen on game week 14 in the Norwegian First Division.
The teenage striker struck in the 31st minute to make it 3-1 and added gloss to the scoreline in the 61st minute, Sogndal's fifth goal.
Adams was involved in the first two matches played by the Nigeria U20s in the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup and was an unused substitute in the last two, against Ukraine and Senegal.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
Football News 24/7
- Three Nigerian Teenagers Including Saka Left Out Of Arsenal 18 To Face Brighton & Hove
- Golden Eaglets Captain Tijani Saga Update : Racing Genk Linked; Father Goes Into Hiding; N1.5M Spent To Get Exclusive Mandate
- NFF President Pinnick Blasts Super Eagles Coach Rohr For Publicly Demanding For His Salary
- Bordeaux Hat-trick Hero Maja Named In Ligue 1 TOTW; Receives Perfect 10/10 Rating
- Prolific Striker Balogun Makes Timely Return To Arsenal Training
- Nigerian Federation Provide Big Update On International Future Of Heracles Almelo's Dessers
- Omeruo Reveals What He Told Chelsea Before Move To Leganes; Real Madrid Star Best Player He Has Faced
- 'I Like To Dribble Past People' - Skillful Heerenveen Star, Ejike Tells Rohr His Best Position
- Most Decisive Players In Ligue 1 : Only Two Players Ahead Of Lille Jewel Victor Osimhen
- Who Is Tobi Omole? The Nigerian Defender Involved In Arsenal First Team Training Ahead Of Brighton Match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football