'Iheanacho Can Still Do A Good Job For Us' - Eagles Coach Rohr Hints At Recalling Leicester StrikerPublished: July 28, 2019
Kelechi Iheanacho remains in the plans of Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
The Foxes number 8 was the most high profile omission from the Super Eagles squad that won bronze at the recently concluded Africa Cup of Nations due to his loss of form ahead of the tournament and Rohr had publicly questioned his professionalism.
Putting aside the fact that Iheanacho has returned to form with three goals in his last two pre-season matches, the German believes the striker has turned over a new leaf.
''Work has already started and I know that this player Kelechi Iheanacho can still do a good job for us,'' Rohr told Sporting Life's Morakinyo Abodunrin.
''Kelechi too can score goals and I think that his omission from the AFCON would be a big motivation for him.
''I was talking with him throughout the AFCON because he’s still a congruent part of our team and I know he wants to work harder now because he has understood the professional ways of doing things.
''I know that Kelechi can be an interesting player for the Super Eagles.''
Iheanacho has not added to his international caps since his substitute appearance against Uganda in a friendly in November 2018.
Football News 24/7
- Fashanu Warns Abraham Over Dangers Of Choosing England; Advises Chelsea Star To Represent Nigeria
- Lille's Osimhen Responds To Comparisons To Arsenal's Record Signing Pepe
- Leeds United Starlet Vows To Commit Future To Ireland After Alleged Bullying By Nigeria U17 Coaches
- 'Rohr Should Call Azeez To Super Eagles Vs Brazil' - Fans React As Granada Star Outshines Messi
- Bournemouth Academy Product Flies To Turkey To Join Nigeria U17s; 21-Player List Unveiled
- Battle Against PSG, Real Madrid Defenders : Why Brazil Friendly Will Enhance Osimhen's Growth
- Faustino Anjorin Features As Chelsea Extend Club Record With Win At Southampton
- 'VAR To Tottenham's Rescue Once Again' - Fans React To Ndidi's Disallowed Goal
- EPL Wrap : Ndidi Goes 90; Iwobi Subbed In; Balogun, Iheanacho, Success, Dele-Bashiru Not In 18
- Versatile Fullback Aina Debuts For Chelsea In The 2019-2020 Season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football