Jose Mourinho Advises Chelsea Coach To Play Nigerian Striker In New SeasonPublished: August 01, 2019
Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has advised Frank Lampard to hand game time to Tammy Abraham in the upcoming season.
With FIFA banning the Europa League holders from signing new players until June 2020, their transfer plans have been disrupted and Lampard has to count on the return of Kurt Zouma, Michy Batshuayi and Abraham who were loaned out to English clubs last season.
If the pre-season matches are anything to go by, the Nigerian Federation target is in the plans of Lampard for the 2019-2020 campaign as he started against Barcelona, Salzburg and St Patrick's Athletic, and only missed the friendly with Kawasaki Frontale due to illness.
''You want a young striker – Tammy Abraham! He’s yours. He knows the club. He was made at the club, he was educated at the club,'' Mourinho said to Sky Sports.
''He was on loan, he played already some matches in the Premier League, he plays in the Championship but Championship at the highest level with the responsibility to play at a big club like Aston Villa. He’s ready.
''Do you need to buy a young centre forward? No! And Chelsea were criticised many times with the number of players they had on loan, more than 30 players, 40 players, but now the moment arrived and they have answers like nobody else could have.''
The 21-year-old Abraham has made two appearances for Chelsea in the Premier League, the last of which came against Leicester City on May 15, 2016.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Boss Lampard On Battles Between Abraham And Van Dijk, Tomori & Liverpool
- Leicester City Star Ndidi Leading The Interception Stats In Europe's Top Five Leagues
- Liverpool Icon Reveals One Key Reason Why Glasgow Rangers Signed Ojo On Loan
- 'A New Star Is Born', 'A Live Wire': English Press Laud Impressive Saka MOTM Performance Against Frankfurt
- Future Stars Crash Out of 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup
- Former Tottenham Manager: Tammy Abraham Deserves Chelsea Starts Over Giroud
- Europa League : Lazio's Adekanye Makes Pro Debut; Liverpool Loanee Ojo Nets Brilliant Goal
- Arsenal Coach Hails Saka After Teenager Announces His Arrival To The World
- 'Saka The New Messi' - Arsenal Fans React To Winger's MOTM Display Vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- Things Get Better And Better For Rohr Pre-Brazil As Another Fitness Doubt Spotted Training
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football