Everton Agree Deal With Arsenal To Sign Nigeria Star Alex IwobiPublished: August 08, 2019
Nigeria international Alex Iwobi has ended a 15-year association with Arsenal, according to reports.
BBC Sport's David Ornstein has tweeted that Everton have agreed a deal to sign Iwobi for a fee in the region of £35-40m
The Hale End Academy product will become the most expensive Nigerian player in history once the transfer is confirmed by both clubs, breaking the record held by Kelechi Iheanacho who cost Leicester City £25m.
Iwobi joined Arsenal in 2004, rising through the ranks before making his professional debut in a League Cup match against Sheffield Wednesday in October 2015.
The 23-year-old went on to make 149 appearances for Arsenal's first team and scored 15 goals.
He was a key member of the Super Eagles squad that won the bronze medal at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- Nigeria Battling It Out With England For Promising Chelsea Goalkeeper
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football