Deadline Day : Wolverhampton Wanderers Confirm Nigerian-Born Striker Has Signed Two DealsPublished: August 08, 2019
English Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers announced via their official website on transfer deadline day that Nigerian-born striker Bright Enobakhare has penned a new-one year contract.
The promising striker signed a season-long loan deal with Championship outfit Wigan Athletic after inking a new contract.
Enobakhare has embarked on his third loan stint, having previously played for Kilmarnock and Coventry City, for whom he scored 6 goals from 18 appearances in the second half of last season.
Commenting on the loan deal and new contract signed by the Nigerian,Wolves sporting director Kevin Thelwell said: ''We’re really pleased to tie Bright down to an extended deal and also pleased to give him the opportunity to go and play in the Championship.
''We’re hoping he’ll be able to build on the great work that he did at Coventry last year.
''We all recognise that he’s a player that’s got great potential and hopefully this gives him a platform to prove that he’s capable of making the next step into the Premier League, by doing well for Wigan.''
Enobakhare has made 49 appearances for Wolves' first team and netted three goals.
Photo Credit : wiganathletic.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football