Nigerian-Born Central Defender Seals Transfer To Stoke CityPublished: August 09, 2019
Stoke City completed the signing of Nigeria U20 invitee Ashinme Kigbu before the close of the transfer window.
The Potters have snapped up the highly-rated central defender from Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsberger AC.
A product of Manchester City Academy, Kigbu is returning to England a year after he left the Citizens for Wolfsberger AC.
The 20-year-old left Manchester City in search of first team football and made five appearances for Wolfsberger AC prior to his departure.
Born in Jos to Nigerian parents, Kigbu has earned two caps for England 18 national team against Italy and Sweden in 2016.
Nigeria international Oghenekaro Etebo plays for the first team of Stoke City and Kigbu will be hoping to follow in his footsteps.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/Propelsports_
Football News 24/7
- Sir Alex Ferguson, Solskjaer, Carrick Run The Rule Over Three Nigeria-Eligible Players Vs Boro U18
- ''Iwobi Has Been Immense' - Ex-Manchester United Star Hails Playmaker's First Half Display Vs West Ham
- Oyedeji Opens Arsenal Account With Brace Vs Tottenham U18s; Two Assists For Azeez; Etete Strikes
- Manchester City Mulling Over Move For Huddersfield Town's Nigerian Winger
- Real Reason Why Nigerian Midfielder Missed Chelsea's 3-1 Win Against Arsenal U23
- Six Things To Note About Golden Eaglets World Cup Roster
- 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup : The Five Golden Eaglets Players To Keep An Eye On
- Spanish Journalists Hail Ramon Azeez's Impact In Granada's Win Against Osasuna
- Balogun Stars For Arsenal In Loss To Chelsea Premier League 2
- AFCON Winning-Defender Tasks CHAN Eagles To Surmount Togo Hurdle
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football