Nigerian-Born Central Defender Seals Transfer To Stoke CityPublished: August 09, 2019
Stoke City completed the signing of Nigeria U20 invitee Ashinme Kigbu before the close of the transfer window.
The Potters have snapped up the highly-rated central defender from Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsberger AC.
A product of Manchester City Academy, Kigbu is returning to England a year after he left the Citizens for Wolfsberger AC.
The 20-year-old left Manchester City in search of first team football and made five appearances for Wolfsberger AC prior to his departure.
Born in Jos to Nigerian parents, Kigbu has earned two caps for England 18 national team against Italy and Sweden in 2016.
Nigeria international Oghenekaro Etebo plays for the first team of Stoke City and Kigbu will be hoping to follow in his footsteps.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/Propelsports_
Football News 24/7
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- Nigeria Battling It Out With England For Promising Chelsea Goalkeeper
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football