Iwobi Chooses Shirt Number Previously Worn By Everton's Record Goalscorer In Premier League HistoryPublished: August 09, 2019
New Everton signing Alex Iwobi has opted to wear the same jersey number he played with in his last three seasons at Arsenal, informs the Goodison Park outfit on their official webpage.
The Nigeria international who completed a move to The Toffees on deadline day has been allocated the number seventeen shirt he first wore at Arsenal during the 2016-2017 season.
Idrissa Gueye left the number vacant after sealing a transfer to French Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain last month.
Everton's record goalscorer in Premier League history with 68 goals, Romelu Lukaku wore the number 17 whilst on loan at the club during the 2013-2014 season, then switched to the number 10 the following season after the move became permanent.
Aside from Gueye and Lukaku, the other players who have worn Everton's number 17 kit in the Premier League are Muhamed Besic, Tim Cahill, Scot Gemmill, Francis Jeffers, Gareth Farrelly, Andrey Kanchelskis and Anders Limpar.
Meanwhile, Everton have not revealed Dennis Adeniran's jersey number and this suggests that the Nigerian midfielder has not been promoted to the first team.
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football