Iwobi's Father Reveals The Real Reason Why Super Eagles Star Departed Arsenal For EvertonPublished: August 10, 2019
The father of new Everton winger Alex Iwobi, Chuka Iwobi, has given more insight on the rational behind the deadline day signing of his son for the Toffees after over a decade as a player of Arsenal.
Chuka Iwobi spoke exclusively to All Nigeria Soccer about the transfer dealing that shocked so many Arsenal and Nigeria fans and indeed confirmed that the skillful forward who is adept playing as a "No 10" wanted to play primarily as a midfielder.
"Alex is now officially an Everton player - A new challenge for him but a very bold decision with the potential to grow into a bigger and better player playing in his preferred No 10 role," Mr Iwobi stated.
Iwobi senior who himself was a former footballer of Vasco Da Gama FC of Enugu reiterated that his son was not afraid of competition from other incoming players at Arsenal.
There has been chain reactions from supporters in Nigeria and abroad who have expressed belief that the Nigerian chickened out due to the great piece of transfer business by the Gunners who signed such stars as Nicolas Pepe and Dani Ceballos (on loan).
"Nobody should shy away from competition and Alex is moving to a club who have been following his progress from when he was young," the Onitsha born medical doctor affectionately called 'Mehala' whilst as a player in his youthful days told allnigeriasoccer.com.
"Many thanks to Nigerians for their support. We as family thought seriously about it and felt that this is an opportunity for him to grow," Iwobi further stated.
Iwobi was ineligible to make his debut for Everton in their Premier League opener against Crystal Palace because the paperwork was submitted after the 1700 hours deadline on Thursday.
Football News 24/7
- New Crewe Alexandra Signing Anene Reveals Secret Behind Jersey Number, Targets For The Season
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football