Nigerian Striker Finalises Transfer To Manchester United, Makes DebutPublished: August 10, 2019
Nigerian striker Dillon Hoogewerf is confirmed to be a new player of Manchester United, having made his competitive debut for the youth team of the Old Trafford outfit in the U18 Premier League on Saturday, August 10.
Hoogewerf had announced his transfer to the Red Devils in June but his name was missing from the list of first year scholars when it was unveiled by the club last month because his international clearance was not received.
The former Ajax Amsterdam wonderkid came off the bench in the 67th minute along with Shola Shoretire as United recorded an impressive 3-0 win against Sunderland at Aon Training Complex.
The 16-year-old Hoogewerf, who replaced Maxwell Haygarth, wore the number 14 shirt.
After his introduction, Neil Ryan's side came close to scoring a fourth goal when Anthony Elanga was sent through on goal by a defense-splitting pass from Hoogewerf but the Sweden youth international's shot was saved by the Black Cats goalkeeper.
Playing against bigger and more physical opponents, he showed deft touches with an eye for a pass and ability to drift into space in his maiden appearance in the U18 Premier League.
Charlie McCann, Elanga and Charlie Wellens were on target for Manchester United.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/dillonhoogewerf
Football News 24/7
- Leeds United Starlet Vows To Commit Future To Ireland After Alleged Bullying By Nigeria U17 Coaches
- 'Rohr Should Call Azeez To Super Eagles Vs Brazil' - Fans React As Granada Star Outshines Messi
- Bournemouth Academy Product Flies To Turkey To Join Nigeria U17s; 21-Player List Unveiled
- Battle Against PSG, Real Madrid Defenders : Why Brazil Friendly Will Enhance Osimhen's Growth
- Faustino Anjorin Features As Chelsea Extend Club Record With Win At Southampton
- 'VAR To Tottenham's Rescue Once Again' - Fans React To Ndidi's Disallowed Goal
- EPL Wrap : Ndidi Goes 90; Iwobi Subbed In; Balogun, Iheanacho, Success, Dele-Bashiru Not In 18
- Versatile Fullback Aina Debuts For Chelsea In The 2019-2020 Season
- 'Germany Didn't Want To Play Against Us'- Brazil Coach Asked About Quality Of Super Eagles
- 'I Worked Hard For It' - Ex-Liverpool Winger Adekanye Reacts After Pro Debut For Lazio
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football