Nigerian Striker Finalises Transfer To Manchester United, Makes DebutPublished: August 10, 2019
Nigerian striker Dillon Hoogewerf is confirmed to be a new player of Manchester United, having made his competitive debut for the youth team of the Old Trafford outfit in the U18 Premier League on Saturday, August 10.
Hoogewerf had announced his transfer to the Red Devils in June but his name was missing from the list of first year scholars when it was unveiled by the club last month because his international clearance was not received.
The former Ajax Amsterdam wonderkid came off the bench in the 67th minute along with Shola Shoretire as United recorded an impressive 3-0 win against Sunderland at Aon Training Complex.
The 16-year-old Hoogewerf, who replaced Maxwell Haygarth, wore the number 14 shirt.
After his introduction, Neil Ryan's side came close to scoring a fourth goal when Anthony Elanga was sent through on goal by a defense-splitting pass from Hoogewerf but the Sweden youth international's shot was saved by the Black Cats goalkeeper.
Playing against bigger and more physical opponents, he showed deft touches with an eye for a pass and ability to drift into space in his maiden appearance in the U18 Premier League.
Charlie McCann, Elanga and Charlie Wellens were on target for Manchester United.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/dillonhoogewerf
Football News 24/7
- U21 TOTW Europe's Top 5 Leagues : Osimhen Joins Man Utd, Liverpool Starlets In XI
- Nigeria International Striker Left Out Of Club Brugge Squad To Face Manchester United
- Super Eagles Next AFCON Opponents: Who Are They, Strengths, Weaknesses, Star Players
- International Tug Of War Over Bukayo Saka : Arsenal New Darling Reveals He Has Visited Nigeria
- Iheanacho : Should Leicester Have Been Awarded A Penalty Vs Man City? Ex-EPL Referee Has His Say
- Nigerians Abroad : Rizespor's Umar, Maccabi Tel Aviv's Ofoedu, Poli Iasi's Omoh Find The Net
- Most Efficient Nigerian Strikers Europe Top 5 Leagues : Two Players Above Lille's Osimhen
- Leicester City Expert Names The Top Candidate To Replace Injured Ndidi & It's Not Choudhury
- 'They Know What I've Done For Them In The Past' - Ighalo Appreciates Support Of Watford Fans
- Teenage Striker Eligible For Nigeria Named In Bayern's Traveling Squad To Face Chelsea
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football