Carabao Cup: Ebere, Osayi-Samuel, Ejaria Progress To Next Round As Aneke, Ajayi, Onyedinma Crash OutPublished: August 14, 2019
The EFL Cup began across the England on Tuesday (August 13th) and some Nigerians featured for their respective clubs.
Allnigeriasoccer.com brings you a wrap-up of Nigeria players who were in action and some who didn't feature for their clubs.
We start with the entertaining encounter between Reading and Wycombe which involved two Nigeria-eligible players, Ovie Ejaria and Fred Onyedinma.
The Liverpool loanee was in Reading's starting XI but couldn't find the back of the net and he was subbed off in the second half. Onyedinma was a second-half substitute.
The game ended 4-2 on penalty in favor of Reading after 1-1 draw in regulation time. Onyedinma couldn't convert his spot kick.
Meanwhile, Semi Ajayi couldn't help West Brom avoid a shocking 2-1 defeat to Millwall despite playing in front of their crowd. The Baggies' summer signing played every minute of the game.
Elsewhere, NFF target Ebere Eze wasn't part of QPR squad who defeated Bristol City 5-4 on penalties after 3-3 stalemate. Bright Osayi-Samuel and Aramide Oteh were unused substitutes.
Finally, former Arsenal youngster Chuks Aneke failed to help his side progress to the next round of the competition as Charlton Athletic lost 5-3 to Forest Green Rovers on penalties.
Aneke started for the home team but was replaced by Quitirna in the 62nd minute.
Photo Credit : wba.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Former Chelsea Fullback Eager To Play For Nigeria Over England
- Chelsea Close To Announcing New Deal For Versatile Midfielder On Nigeria's Radar
- Tottenham Hotspur Target Osimhen Asks Napoli For Wages Of N9.2 Billion
- UEFA Confirm European Ban For Nwakaeme's Turkish Club Over Financial Fair Play Rules
- 'That Has Been My Dream' - Triple-Eligible Ex-Chelsea Starlet On Representing Nigeria At World Cup
- 'He Can Also Be Sold To Manchester United' - Shanghai Shenhua Chiefs Explain Ighalo's Latest Deal
- 'Hope There Will Be News Soon' - Racing Genk Target Dessers Wants His Future Sorted Out
- Nigerian-Born GK Reveals How He Joined Chelsea And Being Embarrassed In His Early Days
- Five Nigerian Stars Who Could Change Clubs In The Summer Transfer Window
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen Succeeds Nicolas Pepe As Lille's Player Of The Season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football