Carabao Cup: Ebere, Osayi-Samuel, Ejaria Progress To Next Round As Aneke, Ajayi, Onyedinma Crash OutPublished: August 14, 2019
The EFL Cup began across the England on Tuesday (August 13th) and some Nigerians featured for their respective clubs.
Allnigeriasoccer.com brings you a wrap-up of Nigeria players who were in action and some who didn't feature for their clubs.
We start with the entertaining encounter between Reading and Wycombe which involved two Nigeria-eligible players, Ovie Ejaria and Fred Onyedinma.
The Liverpool loanee was in Reading's starting XI but couldn't find the back of the net and he was subbed off in the second half. Onyedinma was a second-half substitute.
The game ended 4-2 on penalty in favor of Reading after 1-1 draw in regulation time. Onyedinma couldn't convert his spot kick.
Meanwhile, Semi Ajayi couldn't help West Brom avoid a shocking 2-1 defeat to Millwall despite playing in front of their crowd. The Baggies' summer signing played every minute of the game.
Elsewhere, NFF target Ebere Eze wasn't part of QPR squad who defeated Bristol City 5-4 on penalties after 3-3 stalemate. Bright Osayi-Samuel and Aramide Oteh were unused substitutes.
Finally, former Arsenal youngster Chuks Aneke failed to help his side progress to the next round of the competition as Charlton Athletic lost 5-3 to Forest Green Rovers on penalties.
Aneke started for the home team but was replaced by Quitirna in the 62nd minute.
Photo Credit : wba.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Four Talking Points From Nigeria Players Performances In Europe
- Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses Earns Team Of The Week Honours In Turkey
- Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester City
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Central Defenders Named To Official Major League Soccer Team of the Week
- Confirmed : Former Nigeria U23 Captain Joins Albanian Side FK Kukesi
- Chelsea Coach Lampard Watches Anjorin Score Against Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Scores And Assists For Fenerbahce With Cotton Wool In Left Ear
- Official : U17 World Cup Winner Kingsley Michael Extends Bologna Contract
- Joe Aribo : Super Eagles To Benefit From Steven Gerrard's Experience
- Nigeria Battling It Out With England For Promising Chelsea Goalkeeper
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football