World's Press Hail Barcelona's Oshoala After Brace Against Former Club ArsenalPublished: August 15, 2019
Asisat Oshoala scored a brace as last season's UEFA Women's Champions League finalist Barcelona thrashed English champions Arsenal 5-2 in a pre-season friendly at Meadow Park on Wednesday night.
The three-time AWCON winner was on the books of Arsenal for one year before transferring to Dalian Quanjian F.C.
The London club went ahead through McCabe, but the Catalans scored twice in the last two minutes of the first half with goals from Patri Guijarro and Oshoala, before the Nigeria international made it 3-1 five minutes after the restart.
The foreign press hailed the performance of one of the most popular female footballers in Africa and allnigeriasoccer.com has selected some of the headlines.
The Telegraph wrote : ''Ex-Arsenal forward Asisat Oshoala strikes twice against former club as Barcelona put on pre-season masterclass''.
Spanish newspaper with close links to Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo wrote : ''Thrashing at the home of the champion of England with three assists by Caroline Graham, a goal by Patri and doubles by Oshoala and Pina''.
Barcelona-based newspaper La Vanguardia wrote : ''Oshoala and Claudia Pina shine in the triumph of Barça against Arsenal''.
''Arsenal Women 2-5 Barcelona Femini: Oshoala and Pina hit doubles in North London friendly,'' Harry Robinson wrote in Vavel.
''Claudia Pina and Oshoala, with two doubles, and Guijarro keep the Barca team at the highest level in a preseason that leaves very good feelings,'' AS journalist Mayca Jiménez wrote under the headline : ''Barça goes back to Arsenal and takes cruising speed''.
French media outlet La Fiva wrote : ''Former Arsenal striker Asisat Oshoala scores twice against former club as Barcelona posts pre-season masterclass''.
Following her brace against Arsenal, Oshoala took her tally in pre-season to six goals from three appearances.
Photo Credit : fcbarcelona.com
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Lille Goal Poacher Osimhen
- Everton's Iwobi Receives Standing Ovation From Arsenal Fans On His Return To The Emirates
- Arsenal Coach Arteta Hails Saka For Offensive Contribution Against Everton
- Rangers Coach Gerrard Frustrated After Draw Vs St. Johnstone Despite Aribo's Heroics
- Mikel Arteta Explains Why He Benched Arsenal New Hero Saka Against Everton
- 'He Was Unfortunate Not To Score Against Chelsea' - Ex-Man Utd Defender On Ighalo Being An Impact Player
- Coronavirus : No Italian Serie A Action For Chelsea Product Aina And Victor Moses
- 'I Wish To Play For Man Utd In Future Like Ighalo' - Aston Villa, Palace Linked Striker Reveals Dream Club
- Manchester United Coach Backing Watford Old Boy Ighalo To Score On Home Debut
- (Photo) Teenage Nigerian Striker Trains Again With Arsenal First Team Pre-Everton
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football