World's Press Hail Barcelona's Oshoala After Brace Against Former Club ArsenalPublished: August 15, 2019
Asisat Oshoala scored a brace as last season's UEFA Women's Champions League finalist Barcelona thrashed English champions Arsenal 5-2 in a pre-season friendly at Meadow Park on Wednesday night.
The three-time AWCON winner was on the books of Arsenal for one year before transferring to Dalian Quanjian F.C.
The London club went ahead through McCabe, but the Catalans scored twice in the last two minutes of the first half with goals from Patri Guijarro and Oshoala, before the Nigeria international made it 3-1 five minutes after the restart.
The foreign press hailed the performance of one of the most popular female footballers in Africa and allnigeriasoccer.com has selected some of the headlines.
The Telegraph wrote : ''Ex-Arsenal forward Asisat Oshoala strikes twice against former club as Barcelona put on pre-season masterclass''.
Spanish newspaper with close links to Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo wrote : ''Thrashing at the home of the champion of England with three assists by Caroline Graham, a goal by Patri and doubles by Oshoala and Pina''.
Barcelona-based newspaper La Vanguardia wrote : ''Oshoala and Claudia Pina shine in the triumph of Barça against Arsenal''.
''Arsenal Women 2-5 Barcelona Femini: Oshoala and Pina hit doubles in North London friendly,'' Harry Robinson wrote in Vavel.
''Claudia Pina and Oshoala, with two doubles, and Guijarro keep the Barca team at the highest level in a preseason that leaves very good feelings,'' AS journalist Mayca Jiménez wrote under the headline : ''Barça goes back to Arsenal and takes cruising speed''.
French media outlet La Fiva wrote : ''Former Arsenal striker Asisat Oshoala scores twice against former club as Barcelona posts pre-season masterclass''.
Following her brace against Arsenal, Oshoala took her tally in pre-season to six goals from three appearances.
Photo Credit : fcbarcelona.com
Football News 24/7
- UEFA ASSIST Turkey 0 Nigeria 2 : Olusegun, Nwachukwu Score; How They Lined Up
- Super Eagles Fullback Makes Competitive Debut For Benfica Team
- Watford Striker Will Not Be Recalled To Super Eagles Squad For Friendly Vs Brazil
- Barcelona's Worst League Start In 25 Years: One Player Blamed For Azeez's Goal
- Maro11 Speedstar Academy CEO Rates 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup Very High
- Chelsea's Abraham Rated 11th Most Expensive Striker In The World By Liverpool Coach
- Fashanu Warns Abraham Over Dangers Of Choosing England; Advises Chelsea Star To Represent Nigeria
- Lille's Osimhen Responds To Comparisons To Arsenal's Record Signing Pepe
- Leeds United Starlet Vows To Commit Future To Ireland After Alleged Bullying By Nigeria U17 Coaches
- 'Rohr Should Call Azeez To Super Eagles Vs Brazil' - Fans React As Granada Star Outshines Messi
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football