Celtic, Rangers, West Ham Battling To Sign Nigerian Winger From ChelseaPublished: August 17, 2019
Allnigeriasocer.com understands that Adrian Akande might bid farewell to Chelsea in the coming weeks as he is seriously attracting interest from clubs based in England, Scotland and Germany.
Although the Europa League holders have not officially released the highly-rated winger, he has decided to move onto pastures new because he is not guaranteed first team opportunities in future.
In recent seasons, some young Nigerian players born in England have left Premier League clubs in search of first team opportunities, with Tottenham Hotspur Academy products Keanan Bennetts and Tobi Oluwayemi joining Borussia Mönchengladbach and Celtic respectively while ex-Arsenal starlet Xavier Amaechi moved to Hamburg.
Akande visited Glasgow Rangers this month and was shown around the facilities at The Hummel Training Centre and trained with their youth team.
The 15-year-old is also being chased by Scottish Premiership champions Celtic and clubs in Germany.
West Ham are the latest club battling to sign Akande and he was in action for their U23 team in a Premier League 2 fixture against Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon.
Considering the fact that the talented winger has not made his competitive debut for Chelsea U18s, the Hammers are believed to be doing everything possible to win the race for his services.
Akande has been called up to Nigeria's U17 squad for a training camp in Abuja ahead of the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil.
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- Former Heart of Midlothian Star Dauda Joins Panetolikos, Scores 95th Minute Equaliser On Debut
- Super Eagles Winger Close To Landing A New Deal With Nantes After Latest Goal
- (Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield United
- How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield United
- Exclusive : 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations Winner Joins FC Dinamo Batumi On One-Year Deal
- EPL-Linked Osimhen On Transfer Speculations, Prospect Of Becoming Africa's First 100M Euros Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football