Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester CityPublished: August 20, 2019
Chelsea legend Pat Nevin has highlighted that Tammy Abraham has the backing of fans despite suffering racist abuse following the loss to Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup last Wednesday.
In his latest column published by the official website of Chelsea, Nevin noted that Chelsea fans gave Abraham a rousing reception when he came off the bench in the 1-1 draw with Leicester City two days ago.
The England U21 star of Nigerian parentage was targeted with racial abuse online after missing the decisive penalty in Chelsea's loss to Liverpool.
''There was another moment when the Chelsea fans at the game showed their true colours. Tammy Abraham came on as sub and got a rousing reception,'' stated Nevin.
''Clearly that was to say we are still behind our own Academy boy after missing that penalty in Istanbul. More importantly it was a message to those keyboard warriors who had racially abused him online.
''This is who we really are and it was great to hear, fans who have absolutely no bias against colour. It was also great to be broadcasting to the nation and be able to underline what was happening in the ground.
''All true Chelsea fans are behind you Tammy.''
Abraham made his full Chelsea debut against Manchester United on the opening day of the season and played as a substitute in the games against Liverpool and Leicester City.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- Former Heart of Midlothian Star Dauda Joins Panetolikos, Scores 95th Minute Equaliser On Debut
- Super Eagles Winger Close To Landing A New Deal With Nantes After Latest Goal
- (Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield United
- How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield United
- Exclusive : 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations Winner Joins FC Dinamo Batumi On One-Year Deal
- EPL-Linked Osimhen On Transfer Speculations, Prospect Of Becoming Africa's First 100M Euros Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football