Chelsea Hero Nevin On Abraham : Chelsea Fans Showed Their True Colours Vs Leicester CityPublished: August 20, 2019
Chelsea legend Pat Nevin has highlighted that Tammy Abraham has the backing of fans despite suffering racist abuse following the loss to Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup last Wednesday.
In his latest column published by the official website of Chelsea, Nevin noted that Chelsea fans gave Abraham a rousing reception when he came off the bench in the 1-1 draw with Leicester City two days ago.
The England U21 star of Nigerian parentage was targeted with racial abuse online after missing the decisive penalty in Chelsea's loss to Liverpool.
''There was another moment when the Chelsea fans at the game showed their true colours. Tammy Abraham came on as sub and got a rousing reception,'' stated Nevin.
''Clearly that was to say we are still behind our own Academy boy after missing that penalty in Istanbul. More importantly it was a message to those keyboard warriors who had racially abused him online.
''This is who we really are and it was great to hear, fans who have absolutely no bias against colour. It was also great to be broadcasting to the nation and be able to underline what was happening in the ground.
''All true Chelsea fans are behind you Tammy.''
Abraham made his full Chelsea debut against Manchester United on the opening day of the season and played as a substitute in the games against Liverpool and Leicester City.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Left-Back Jamilu Collins Sets New Bundesliga Record
- Good News For Nigeria As Chelsea's Abraham Opens Door To Future Super Eagles Call-up
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup: Harrison Chukwuji Bangs Tournament's First Hat-trick
- Upset in 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup Opener
- Rohr Names One Super Eagles Player Who Impressed Him Against Ukraine
- England Coach Joins Bandwagon In Praise Of Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham
- Nigerian Teenagers To Keep An Eye On: Arsenal Goal-machine Who Likens Himself To Aubameyang
- Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Two Nigeria Internationals In France
- Is Chukwueze's Spot In Villarreal Starting Line-up Under Threat?
- AFCON 2019 Top Scorer Is Back; Bursapor's Shehu, AIK's Obasi, Heracles' Dessers Strike
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football