Official : Experienced Midfielder Kenneth Obodo Joins Italian Club SavonaPublished: August 22, 2019
Through a statement on their official website, Italian Serie D club Savona have announced the signing of experienced Nigerian midfielder Kenneth Obodo.
Obodo started his career in Italy with Pisa playing for three seasons and winning the Serie C promotion.
The 34-year-old has also played for Alessandria, Grosseto, Juve Stabia and Südtirol, and wore the jersey of US Vibonese in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.
In his final season at US Vibonese, Obodo captained the club in 33 matches in the Serie C - Girone C, logging 2,970 minutes.
Kenneth has a more famous brother, Christian Obodo, who played for Serie A sides Fiorentina and Udinese among others and was a member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations.
He could make his league debut for his new employer when they face Seravezza on September 1.
Photo Credit : savonafbc.it
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Left-Back Jamilu Collins Sets New Bundesliga Record
- Good News For Nigeria As Chelsea's Abraham Opens Door To Future Super Eagles Call-up
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup: Harrison Chukwuji Bangs Tournament's First Hat-trick
- Upset in 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup Opener
- Rohr Names One Super Eagles Player Who Impressed Him Against Ukraine
- England Coach Joins Bandwagon In Praise Of Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham
- Nigerian Teenagers To Keep An Eye On: Arsenal Goal-machine Who Likens Himself To Aubameyang
- Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Two Nigeria Internationals In France
- Is Chukwueze's Spot In Villarreal Starting Line-up Under Threat?
- AFCON 2019 Top Scorer Is Back; Bursapor's Shehu, AIK's Obasi, Heracles' Dessers Strike
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football