Why Henry Onyekuru Could Become The Next Anthony Martial At MonacoPublished: August 22, 2019
Nigerian winger Henry Onyekuru completed his move to Monaco from Everton and he made his Ligue 1 debut against Metz on Saturday having spent just five days with his new teammates.
Unfortunately, things didn't go well for the 22-year-old star who couldn't influence the outcome of the game which ended 3-0 in favor of the home side.
Despite his inability to impose much pressure on Metz's defenders, Onyekuru's presence at Stade Louis II should be a source of excitement for manager Leonardo Jardim and Monaco fans.
The Nigerian star, who failed to make his Premier League debut due to work permit issues, has massive potentials to becoming an important player to Monaco just like Anthony Martial during his days with the Ligue 1 outfit.
Martial, 23, was an integral part of the Principality club, thanks to his pace which allowed him to get past defenders with ease.
The Frenchman was equally a good goalscorer for the club before he was snatched by Manchester United in 2015.
The France international managed 11 goals in 49 Ligue 1 matches during his two-year spell with Monaco.
Onyekuru's pace and ability to score goals can be likened to the Frenchman as he found the back of the net on 16 occasions for Galatasaray in all competitions last season.
He has all the potentials to become the 'next Anthony Martial' in Jardim's team, and fans aren't expecting anything less from their summer signing.
Photo Credit : asmonaco.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- Former Heart of Midlothian Star Dauda Joins Panetolikos, Scores 95th Minute Equaliser On Debut
- Super Eagles Winger Close To Landing A New Deal With Nantes After Latest Goal
- (Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield United
- How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield United
- Exclusive : 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations Winner Joins FC Dinamo Batumi On One-Year Deal
- EPL-Linked Osimhen On Transfer Speculations, Prospect Of Becoming Africa's First 100M Euros Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football