Super Eagles Star Moses Simon Scores On Nantes Debut, Which Siasia Did Not AchievePublished: August 24, 2019
Moses Simon rose to the task on his Nantes debut by scoring the game-winner as they registered a 2-1 win against Amiens SC in a Ligue 1 match at Stade Crédit Agricole de la Licorne on Saturday evening.
The Levante loanee needed only 12 minutes to open his goalscoring account for The Canaries after coming on for Kader Bamba in the 73rd minute.
Kalifa Coulibaly's 53rd minute opener was cancelled out by Bongani Zungu in the 71st minute, before Nantes grabbed the winner through Simon, whose first time shot beat goalkeeper Régis Gurtner in the 85th minute.
The 24-year-old became the first Nigerian player to score on his debut for Nantes, which Samson Siasia and Chidozie Awaziem did not manage to achieve in their maiden appearance against Saint-étienne and Lille respectively.
Simon was denied a second goal when his header came off the woodwork in the closing minutes.
Understandably, he was one of the happiest players in the dressing room after the game as players and officials celebrated the victory.
Up next, Nantes welcome Montpellier to Stade de la Beaujoire - Louis Fonteneau in their last game before the first international break of the 2019-20 season.
Photo Credit : fcnantes.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- Former Heart of Midlothian Star Dauda Joins Panetolikos, Scores 95th Minute Equaliser On Debut
- Super Eagles Winger Close To Landing A New Deal With Nantes After Latest Goal
- (Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield United
- How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield United
- Exclusive : 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations Winner Joins FC Dinamo Batumi On One-Year Deal
- EPL-Linked Osimhen On Transfer Speculations, Prospect Of Becoming Africa's First 100M Euros Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football