Highly-Rated Goalkeeper Signs New Contract With ChelseaPublished: September 12, 2019
Highly-rated Finnish goalkeeper Lucas Bergström has extended his contract with Premier League side Chelsea.
The Finland youth international took to social media on Wednesday to confirm that he has signed a professional contract with The Blues.
''I’m honoured to have signed my first professional contract with @chelseafc last week,'' Bergström posted on Instagram
Bergström, who celebrated his 17th birthday on September 5, has been offered a pro deal, two months after he penned scholarship forms with the Stamford Bridge outfit.
The 6ft 7ins tall glovesman posted a shutout on his debut in the U18 Premier League on the final day of the 2018-2019 season and started the first two games in the league this term.
He joined Chelsea from Turun Palloseura in his native Finland during the 2018-19 season.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/lucas.bergstrom
Football News 24/7
- Official : West Brom's Ajayi, QPR's Eze Named In EFL Team Of The Week
- Super Eagles Left-Back Jamilu Collins Sets New Bundesliga Record
- Good News For Nigeria As Chelsea's Abraham Opens Door To Future Super Eagles Call-up
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup: Harrison Chukwuji Bangs Tournament's First Hat-trick
- Upset in 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup Opener
- Rohr Names One Super Eagles Player Who Impressed Him Against Ukraine
- England Coach Joins Bandwagon In Praise Of Chelsea Striker Tammy Abraham
- Nigerian Teenagers To Keep An Eye On: Arsenal Goal-machine Who Likens Himself To Aubameyang
- Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Two Nigeria Internationals In France
- Is Chukwueze's Spot In Villarreal Starting Line-up Under Threat?
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football