'He's Very Much A Part Of The Squad'- Leicester City Boss Offers Iheanacho Hope Pre-Man UtdPublished: September 12, 2019
Back home in Nigeria, most of the pre-match talk ahead of Leicester City's visit to Manchester United centered around Kelechi Iheanacho who is still searching for his first competitive goal for club and country since September 22, 2018.
Having proved in pre-season that he has not lost his scoring touch, he was recalled to the Nigeria squad for the recent friendly against Ukraine but was an unused substitute largely due to the fact that he reported for international duty late.
Though Iheanacho was not in Leicester's matchday 18 for the last three games in all competitions, manager Brendan Rodgers has insisted that the striker is still a part of the squad and has been professional in training.
Speaking to reporters on Thursday, Rodgers stated : ''He’s very much a part of the squad. We have a really tight training group which he is a part of.
''During the course of the season we are going to need all the players. Over the summer we strengthened the squad so everyone is going to be competing for a place.
''He trains really hard whether he is in the squad or not''.
Iheanacho is contracted to Leicester City until June 30, 2022 and has played 63 official games for the club since joining from Manchester City in August 2017.
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Star Ikechukwu Ezenwa Reveals His Goalkeeping Role Model
- 'He's A Candidate, Definitely' - Inter Milan CEO Confirms Interest In Chelsea-Owned Winger Moses
- The Real Reason Arsenal Defender Olowu Was Substituted At Halftime Vs Everton U23
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal Suffer Blow As Adeyemi Extends Red Bull Salzburg Contract
- Former Heart of Midlothian Star Dauda Joins Panetolikos, Scores 95th Minute Equaliser On Debut
- Super Eagles Winger Close To Landing A New Deal With Nantes After Latest Goal
- (Photo) 21-Year-Old Nigerian Left-Back Arsenal's 19th Man Against Sheffield United
- How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield United
- Exclusive : 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations Winner Joins FC Dinamo Batumi On One-Year Deal
- EPL-Linked Osimhen On Transfer Speculations, Prospect Of Becoming Africa's First 100M Euros Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football