Nigerian Exports : PAOK's Akpom, West Brom's Ajayi, Hearts' Uche, Rosenborg's Adegbenro ScorePublished: September 15, 2019
Catch up on the Nigerian players that found the net for their respective clubs in matches across Europe on Saturday, September 14.
In the English Championship, Semi Ajayi's 80th minute header salvaged a point for West Brom in their 1-1 draw with Fulham at Craven Cottage, his first goal in seven appearances for the club he joined in the summer.
In the Scottish Premiership, ex-Nigeria U23 invitee Uche Ikpeazu opened his account for the season but it counted for nothing with Hearts losing 3-2 at home to Motherwell.
The physical striker nodded in the rebound after Meshino's effort was saved by the goalkeeper in the 61st minute.
Still in the United Kingdom, Derry have been knocked out of the League of Ireland Cup after losing 6-5 on penalties to Dundalk FC.
Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe's speculative effort beat the goalkeeper six minutes into the second half.
Former Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom opened the scoring for PAOK as they claimed a 3-2 win against Atromitos at Stadio Peristeriou. It was his second goal in as many games in the Greek Super League.
Let's go to Scandinavia. Samson Iyede Onomigho was on target in the 13th minute of BK Fremad Amager's 2-1 loss to Viborg in the Danish First Division.
In the Norwegian top-flight, Samuel Adegbenro struck after 53 minutes to help Rosenborg register a 3-1 win against a Lillestrom team with Ifeanyi Matthew in the starting line-up.
Finally, the 18-year-old striker Toluwalase Emmanuel Arokodare would be disappointed to see his team, Valmiera FK concede in the fourth minute of stoppage time in their 2-2 draw with BFC Daugavpils.
The teenager netted his second of the season in the 65th minute before he was replaced on 88 minutes.
Photo Credit : wba.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- Lille Target Mexico Whizkid As Replacement For Chelsea, Arsenal-Linked Osimhen
- 'He Might Go To Celtic' - Scottish Champions Backed To Sign Nigeria-Eligible Winger
- Ex-Tottenham Hotspur Boss Redknapp Reacts To Rumours Linking Him To Super Eagles Job
- 'It Was Very Scary For Me' - Leicester's Ndidi On Stepping Into The Shoes Of Kante
- Iwobi Names One Player Who Can Take Ighalo's Role In Eagles; Reacts To Rohr's New Deal
- Bundesliga Wrap MD 28 : Awoniyi Starts; Ehizibue Subbed Out; Collins, Uduokhai Shine; Torunarigha Booked; Lookman Features
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football