Nigerian Exports : PAOK's Akpom, West Brom's Ajayi, Hearts' Uche, Rosenborg's Adegbenro ScorePublished: September 15, 2019
Catch up on the Nigerian players that found the net for their respective clubs in matches across Europe on Saturday, September 14.
In the English Championship, Semi Ajayi's 80th minute header salvaged a point for West Brom in their 1-1 draw with Fulham at Craven Cottage, his first goal in seven appearances for the club he joined in the summer.
In the Scottish Premiership, ex-Nigeria U23 invitee Uche Ikpeazu opened his account for the season but it counted for nothing with Hearts losing 3-2 at home to Motherwell.
The physical striker nodded in the rebound after Meshino's effort was saved by the goalkeeper in the 61st minute.
Still in the United Kingdom, Derry have been knocked out of the League of Ireland Cup after losing 6-5 on penalties to Dundalk FC.
Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe's speculative effort beat the goalkeeper six minutes into the second half.
Former Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom opened the scoring for PAOK as they claimed a 3-2 win against Atromitos at Stadio Peristeriou. It was his second goal in as many games in the Greek Super League.
Let's go to Scandinavia. Samson Iyede Onomigho was on target in the 13th minute of BK Fremad Amager's 2-1 loss to Viborg in the Danish First Division.
In the Norwegian top-flight, Samuel Adegbenro struck after 53 minutes to help Rosenborg register a 3-1 win against a Lillestrom team with Ifeanyi Matthew in the starting line-up.
Finally, the 18-year-old striker Toluwalase Emmanuel Arokodare would be disappointed to see his team, Valmiera FK concede in the fourth minute of stoppage time in their 2-2 draw with BFC Daugavpils.
The teenager netted his second of the season in the 65th minute before he was replaced on 88 minutes.
Photo Credit : wba.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football