Ebuehi, Lookman Miss The Opportunity To Impress Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona & OthersPublished: September 18, 2019
Two Nigerian players missed a great opportunity to show of their skills during the Champions League meeting between Benfica and RB Leipzig at Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica on Tuesday night.
While Super Eagles defender Tyronne Ebuehi is still on the mend and was not listed for the game, ex-Everton winger Ademola Lookman looked on from the bench for ninety minutes.
Manchester United, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Everton, Leeds United, Leicester City, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and Watford were included on the official list of clubs that sent scouts to watch Benfica vs RB Leipzig.
The other clubs in attendance included Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Juventus and Villarreal.
A scout representing Football Association of Serbia was in the stands to run the rule over Benfica midfielder Ljubomir Fejsa, who played the full game.
Prior to the 2018 World Cup, Ebuehi's consistent displays for ADO Den Haag did not go unnoticed and the right-back was linked with a transfer to Norwich City but it was Benfica that won the race for his signature.
Lookman had attracted interest from a number of Premier League clubs but opted to rejoin RB Leipzig on a permanent deal in the summer transfer window.
Photo Credit : slbenfica.pt
Football News 24/7
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- Lille Target Mexico Whizkid As Replacement For Chelsea, Arsenal-Linked Osimhen
- 'He Might Go To Celtic' - Scottish Champions Backed To Sign Nigeria-Eligible Winger
- Ex-Tottenham Hotspur Boss Redknapp Reacts To Rumours Linking Him To Super Eagles Job
- 'It Was Very Scary For Me' - Leicester's Ndidi On Stepping Into The Shoes Of Kante
- Iwobi Names One Player Who Can Take Ighalo's Role In Eagles; Reacts To Rohr's New Deal
- Bundesliga Wrap MD 28 : Awoniyi Starts; Ehizibue Subbed Out; Collins, Uduokhai Shine; Torunarigha Booked; Lookman Features
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football