Former Chelsea Wonderkid Named In Nigeria's Provisional Squad For U17 World CupPublished: September 18, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that former Chelsea wonderkid Daniel Jinadu has been included on Nigeria's provisional roster for the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup.
Golden Eaglets chief scout, Bunmi Haruna advised coach Manu Garba to include Jinadu, who is now at West Ham, on the 50-man provisional squad for the tournament in Brazil.
The 17-year-old will undergo a Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test when the players and officials return from their trip to Turkey for the UEFA Assist U17 International Tournament.
Although Jinadu was a latecomer to the team, one thing that he had going for him was his experience, having previously worn the colours of England U15 and U16 teams.
In addition, the goalkeeping department was one of the problem areas during the U17 AFCON and regional qualifiers, with the team conceding 13 goals in total.
The other foreign-based player named in the provisional squad is Bournemouth's Joseph Oluwabusola.
Shrewsbury Town first-year scholar Nigel Aris impressed coaches Manu Garba, Nduka Ugbade and Jolomi Atune but was eventually axed from the provisional squad because of the short time he spent with the team during the training camp.
The Golden Eaglets players and officials are expected to leave for Turkey on Friday, September 20.
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football