UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi BenchedPublished: September 18, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the Nigeria-eligible players who were on parade for their respective clubs on matchday one in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, September 18.
In one of the evening kickoffs, attack-minded duo David Okereke and Emmanuel Dennis both started for Club Brugge in their goalless draw vs Galatasaray at Jan Breydelstadion.
In the second half Okereke had a chance to score the winner but was denied by a fine save from Muslera. He was replaced on the hour mark and was joined on the bench by Dennis 13 minutes later.
In a Group C clash at Stadion Maksimir, Iyayi Atiemwen was on the bench as Dinamo Zagreb registered a comprehensive 4-0 win against Atalanta, who were making their debut in the group stage.
Leovac opened the scoring for the home team on 10 minutes before Orsic scored a hat-trick to make it 4-0.
Over to Group D. Super Eagles defender Brian Idowu came off the bench in the third minute of second half stoppage time as Lokomotiv Moscow secured all three points with a 2-1 win against Bayer Leverkusen at BayArena in Germany.
Krychowiak gave the Russian team the lead in the 16th minute but an own goal from Höwedes leveled the match in the 25th minute.
Barinov scored what proved to be the winning goal eight minutes before half-time.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football