UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi BenchedPublished: September 18, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the Nigeria-eligible players who were on parade for their respective clubs on matchday one in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, September 18.
In one of the evening kickoffs, attack-minded duo David Okereke and Emmanuel Dennis both started for Club Brugge in their goalless draw vs Galatasaray at Jan Breydelstadion.
In the second half Okereke had a chance to score the winner but was denied by a fine save from Muslera. He was replaced on the hour mark and was joined on the bench by Dennis 13 minutes later.
In a Group C clash at Stadion Maksimir, Iyayi Atiemwen was on the bench as Dinamo Zagreb registered a comprehensive 4-0 win against Atalanta, who were making their debut in the group stage.
Leovac opened the scoring for the home team on 10 minutes before Orsic scored a hat-trick to make it 4-0.
Over to Group D. Super Eagles defender Brian Idowu came off the bench in the third minute of second half stoppage time as Lokomotiv Moscow secured all three points with a 2-1 win against Bayer Leverkusen at BayArena in Germany.
Krychowiak gave the Russian team the lead in the 16th minute but an own goal from Höwedes leveled the match in the 25th minute.
Barinov scored what proved to be the winning goal eight minutes before half-time.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea's Argentina GK Knew He Was Going To Be Dropped From Starting XI Vs Nigeria 2018 World Cup
- Ludogorets Have Competition From PAOK, Turkish Clubs To Sign Maccabi Tel Aviv's Ofoedu
- Super Eagles Playmaker Iwobi Reveals What He Learnt From Retired Duo Mikel And Ighalo
- 'Nothing To Report At The Moment' - Heerenveen Director Of Football On Ejuke
- 'Every Game He's Bagging' - Ex-Arsenal U23 Skipper Identifies The Key Attributes Of Ighalo
- Nigerian Midfielder To Depart Watford After Ten Years, Rejects New Contract
- Racing Genk Ready To Sell Hagi To Rangers To Fund Bid For Heracles Marksman Dessers
- Bazee, Once Tipped As Heir Apparent To Victor Moses, Reacts To Scoring First Bundesliga Goal
- What Are Nigeria Punters Betting On While There Is Not Much Football?
- 'I Know He's Going To Do Bigger Things' - Eagles Captain Musa Wants Ighalo To Stay At Man Utd
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football