England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To RepresentPublished: September 19, 2019
Arsenal goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri has chosen to commit his international future to Nigeria, rather than Uganda and England.
The Hale End Academy product was in contention to be called up to train with the Golden Eaglets but he's currently undergoing rehabilitation from a small tear in his medial meniscus.
Speaking through his representative Segun Jegede of Utmostt Sports Management London, Ejeheri told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''I was born in Greenwich, London and I'm eligible to represent Nigeria, Uganda and England.
''I hope to play for the Nigerian National Team some day if the opportunity arises. It would be a great privilege to win international trophies with them''.
Ejeheri, who has been described as a goalkeeper with consistency in his handling and timing, has revealed that Italy great Gianluigi Buffon is his role model and spoke about Arsenal's plans for him.
''I am a good shot-stopper with a lot of confidence and I control my back line very well, I like the way Buffon plays but I wouldn't say I play like him, I am Ovie Ejeheri.
''Arsenal is a very structured club with detailed plans for each of the players in the academy system.
''I am being prepared for what will surprise a lot of people in the football industry.
''I have been at Arsenal since age five, I am happy to be part of such a big and successful club,'' he concluded.
Ejeheri is a first-year scholar at Arsenal for the 2019-2020 season and could be offered a professional contract in the coming years if he impresses the academy coaches.
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football