Liverpool Icon Reveals One Key Reason Why Glasgow Rangers Signed Ojo On LoanPublished: September 20, 2019
Scottish side Glasgow Rangers defeated Eredivisie side Feyenord 1-0 during their Europa League opener at Ibrox Stadium.
Steven Gerrard's men dominated the game in opening minutes of the encounter but they couldn't find a breakthrough until in the 23rd minute when Nigerian star Sheyi Ojo scored a beautiful goal.
The youngster almost scored his second goal of the night but his shot hit the woodwork before the break.
It ended 1-0 in favor of the Gers and their manager was pleased with Ojo's well-taken goal.
According to the Liverpool legend, Ojo is a game changer which is one of the reasons why he decided to lure him away from the Anfield Stadium during the transfer window.
''He is a game-changer – whether that be through an assist, a dribble or through a strike like he did tonight,'' said Gerrard to Rangers official website.
''That’s the reason why I brought him in as he can make the difference in the final third and he could have had another one.''
He added : ''I’ll be onto him over that – but that’s Sheyi. Sheyi is the type of player where one or two things might go wrong and then he’ll put one in the top corner from 25-yards.
''Get used to it and get behind him – that’s what he can do.''
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea's Argentina GK Knew He Was Going To Be Dropped From Starting XI Vs Nigeria 2018 World Cup
- Ludogorets Have Competition From PAOK, Turkish Clubs To Sign Maccabi Tel Aviv's Ofoedu
- Super Eagles Playmaker Iwobi Reveals What He Learnt From Retired Duo Mikel And Ighalo
- 'Nothing To Report At The Moment' - Heerenveen Director Of Football On Ejuke
- 'Every Game He's Bagging' - Ex-Arsenal U23 Skipper Identifies The Key Attributes Of Ighalo
- Nigerian Midfielder To Depart Watford After Ten Years, Rejects New Contract
- Racing Genk Ready To Sell Hagi To Rangers To Fund Bid For Heracles Marksman Dessers
- Bazee, Once Tipped As Heir Apparent To Victor Moses, Reacts To Scoring First Bundesliga Goal
- What Are Nigeria Punters Betting On While There Is Not Much Football?
- 'I Know He's Going To Do Bigger Things' - Eagles Captain Musa Wants Ighalo To Stay At Man Utd
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football