Liverpool Icon Reveals One Key Reason Why Glasgow Rangers Signed Ojo On LoanPublished: September 20, 2019
Scottish side Glasgow Rangers defeated Eredivisie side Feyenord 1-0 during their Europa League opener at Ibrox Stadium.
Steven Gerrard's men dominated the game in opening minutes of the encounter but they couldn't find a breakthrough until in the 23rd minute when Nigerian star Sheyi Ojo scored a beautiful goal.
The youngster almost scored his second goal of the night but his shot hit the woodwork before the break.
It ended 1-0 in favor of the Gers and their manager was pleased with Ojo's well-taken goal.
According to the Liverpool legend, Ojo is a game changer which is one of the reasons why he decided to lure him away from the Anfield Stadium during the transfer window.
''He is a game-changer – whether that be through an assist, a dribble or through a strike like he did tonight,'' said Gerrard to Rangers official website.
''That’s the reason why I brought him in as he can make the difference in the final third and he could have had another one.''
He added : ''I’ll be onto him over that – but that’s Sheyi. Sheyi is the type of player where one or two things might go wrong and then he’ll put one in the top corner from 25-yards.
''Get used to it and get behind him – that’s what he can do.''
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football