EPL Wrap : Ndidi Goes 90; Iwobi Subbed In; Balogun, Iheanacho, Success, Dele-Bashiru Not In 18Published: September 21, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, September 21.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
In the early kickoff, Leicester City claimed a 2-1 win against Tottenham Hotspur at the King Power Stadium, with Wilfred Ndidi going the distance for the home team. Kelechi Iheanacho was not in the 18.
Tottenham Hotspur went in front thanks to Harry Kane's finish in the 29th minute but two second half goals from Ricardo Pereira and James Maddison saw Brendan Rodgers side win for the third time this season and climb to third in the provisional standings.
At Goodison Park, Alex Iwobi played off the strikers when he replaced Morgan Schneiderlin in the 55th minute of Everton's 2-0 loss to Sheffield United.
Two minutes after his introduction, the Blades glovesman Henderson stopped Iwobi's shot from sneaking in after the ball fell in the box.
The visitors took the lead through an own goal from Yerry Mina on 40 minutes and Lys Mousset silenced the fans with the second goal of the game eleven minutes from time.
At the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City created goalscoring headlines after netting eight without reply against a Watford team without Isaac Success and Tom Dele-Bashiru.
David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Riyad Mahrez, Bernardo Silva (3), Nicolas Otamendi and Kevin De Bruyne the scorers for Pep Guardiola's team.
In the late kickoff at St. James' Park, Leon Balogun has not been included in Brighton & Hove's matchday 18 against Newcastle United.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football