EPL Wrap : Ndidi Goes 90; Iwobi Subbed In; Balogun, Iheanacho, Success, Dele-Bashiru Not In 18Published: September 21, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, September 21.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
In the early kickoff, Leicester City claimed a 2-1 win against Tottenham Hotspur at the King Power Stadium, with Wilfred Ndidi going the distance for the home team. Kelechi Iheanacho was not in the 18.
Tottenham Hotspur went in front thanks to Harry Kane's finish in the 29th minute but two second half goals from Ricardo Pereira and James Maddison saw Brendan Rodgers side win for the third time this season and climb to third in the provisional standings.
At Goodison Park, Alex Iwobi played off the strikers when he replaced Morgan Schneiderlin in the 55th minute of Everton's 2-0 loss to Sheffield United.
Two minutes after his introduction, the Blades glovesman Henderson stopped Iwobi's shot from sneaking in after the ball fell in the box.
The visitors took the lead through an own goal from Yerry Mina on 40 minutes and Lys Mousset silenced the fans with the second goal of the game eleven minutes from time.
At the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City created goalscoring headlines after netting eight without reply against a Watford team without Isaac Success and Tom Dele-Bashiru.
David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Riyad Mahrez, Bernardo Silva (3), Nicolas Otamendi and Kevin De Bruyne the scorers for Pep Guardiola's team.
In the late kickoff at St. James' Park, Leon Balogun has not been included in Brighton & Hove's matchday 18 against Newcastle United.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea's Argentina GK Knew He Was Going To Be Dropped From Starting XI Vs Nigeria 2018 World Cup
- Ludogorets Have Competition From PAOK, Turkish Clubs To Sign Maccabi Tel Aviv's Ofoedu
- Super Eagles Playmaker Iwobi Reveals What He Learnt From Retired Duo Mikel And Ighalo
- 'Nothing To Report At The Moment' - Heerenveen Director Of Football On Ejuke
- 'Every Game He's Bagging' - Ex-Arsenal U23 Skipper Identifies The Key Attributes Of Ighalo
- Nigerian Midfielder To Depart Watford After Ten Years, Rejects New Contract
- Racing Genk Ready To Sell Hagi To Rangers To Fund Bid For Heracles Marksman Dessers
- Bazee, Once Tipped As Heir Apparent To Victor Moses, Reacts To Scoring First Bundesliga Goal
- What Are Nigeria Punters Betting On While There Is Not Much Football?
- 'I Know He's Going To Do Bigger Things' - Eagles Captain Musa Wants Ighalo To Stay At Man Utd
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football