Lille's Osimhen Responds To Comparisons To Arsenal's Record Signing PepePublished: September 22, 2019
Ahead of Lille's Ligue 1 clash against Rennes on Sunday afternoon, Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has expressed his elation at being compared to Arsenal's record signing Nicolas Pepe.
Osimhen was bought by the French side as replacement for the Gunners' £72m acquisition and is already repaying the decision to snap him up from Belgian Pro League outfit Sporting Charleroi.
Osimhen was speaking at the press conference on Saturday evening where he expressed gratitude for the trust in him.
"Big respect to Nicolas Pepe for what he did for the club," Osimhen who has scored five league goals in five appearances said at the press conference as quoted by InsideFutbol.com.
"Like a lot of people say, I'm replacing Nicolas Pepe, he scored some beautiful and wonderful goals, but I think I am near to bringing in my own qualities to the team.
"Nicolas Pepe and Victor Osimhen are quite different players, so it's OK if ever some people try to compare me and him.
"I feel good to be compared to such a great player.
Lille are placed seventh in the table with nine points but could rise to second place with an emphatic win away at fourth placed Rennes.
Interestingly Pepe, who is yet to score a goal for Arsenal after five league and one Europa League games, albeit is expected to start in Sunday's match against Aston Villa.
Osimhen is under contract until the summer of 2024 at the French club.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football