Bigwigs Forcing NFF, Nigeria U17 Coaches To Include Oldham Athletic Midfielder In World Cup SquadPublished: October 03, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that the Nigeria Football Federation have handed a late call-up to Sheffield United Academy product Robert Oseh ahead of the team's trip to São Paulo for the final phase of preparations for the upcoming FIFA U17 World Cup.
Golden Eaglets coaching staff led by Manu Garba have started running the rule over the attacking midfielder but it is understood that he is unlikely to be make the final 21-man roster.
This website can exclusively report that 'some bigwigs' forced the Nigerian Federation to invite Oseh to the training camp in Abuja; something which has displeased the Golden Eaglets officials who have labelled him not good enough to make the team.
Oseh was on the books of Sheffield United until the summer of 2019 when he left The Blades to join Oldham Athletic on a scholarship deal.
The 16-year-old's trip to Abuja has the blessings of Oldham Athletic's higher-ups and they are confident he will be heading to Brazil with the five-time world champions at U17 level.
Oseh is capable of playing as an attacking and defensive midfielder, and the Nigeria U17s are not lacking quality in that department.
Photo Credit : oldhamathletic.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football