Nigeria U17: West Ham & Bournemouth Kids, Malcolm Ebiowei On Travel Roster For Trip To BrazilPublished: October 09, 2019
The Nigeria Football Federation have moved a step closer to beating England to the services of three exciting teenagers on the books of Premier League clubs at the start of this season.
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Bournemouth goalkeeper Joseph Oluwubusola, West Ham starlet Daniel Jinadu and Arsenal Academy product Malcolm Ebiowei were part of the 25-man travel roster to São Paulo on Tuesday evening.
History is about to be made as no player representing a European club has been included in previous World Cup squads, bearing it in mind that Habib Makanjuola was not officially a player of Chelsea in 2013.
Oldham Athletic first-year scholar Robert Oseh and Huddersfield Town youth-teamer Andre Silveira Edionhon, who both attended the Nigeria U17s training camp in Abuja this month, have been omitted from the roster.
Iffy Udanoh (Aston Villa), Yinka Adeniji (Leeds United) and Nigel Aris (Shrewsbury Town) were invited to train with the Golden Eaglets last month but were declared surplus to requirements.
The Golden Eaglets have scheduled friendlies against Sao Paulo FC, Japan and South Korea ahead of their opening World Cup match against Hungary on October 6.
The five-time world champions at U17 level will also face Ecuador and Australia in Group B of the World Cup.
Football News 24/7
- Barcelona Interested In Signing Red Bull Salzburg Striker Eligible For Nigeria
- Barcelona Line Up Chukwueze As Alternative To Brazil Superstar Neymar
- Anglo-Nigerian Midfielder Cites Chelsea Coach Lampard As Footballing Role Model
- Against All Odds: When Hopeless Soccer Bets Paid Fortunes
- Rohr Identifies Two Key Attributes Of Super Eagles New Star Joe Aribo
- Sao Paulo Coach Rates The Performance Of Golden Eaglets After 2-1 Loss
- 2019 Bet9ja Royal Cup : Group Games Start With Fireworks
- Uzoho Set For Lengthy Layoff As AC Omonia Confirm Super Eagles Star Suffered ACL Injury
- Ebiowei & Jinadu Not Involved; Oluwabusola Goes 90 For Nigeria U17s In Loss To Sao Paulo FC
- Relief For Super Eagles Fans As Chelsea Star Tomori Remains Eligible For Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football