FIFA To Foot Francis Uzoho's Wages For Six Months Plus After Suffering TTDPublished: October 16, 2019
Football's governing body, FIFA will pay Francis Uzoho's wages during his spell on the sidelines, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Deportivo de La Coruña-owned goalkeeper could be out of action for a minimum of six months after suffering a fracture of the meniscus and the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Nigeria's 1-1 draw with Brazil on Sunday.
The Brazil vs Nigeria friendly is recognized by FIFA as it was played on a date on the FIFA international match calendar and both teams did not field more than six substitutes each.
Under FIFA's Club Protection Programme, clubs whose players suffer injuries whilst on international duty are compensated and the maximum daily compensation has been set at €20,548.
The compensation payable is based solely on the fixed salary that the club pays directly to the player as his employer and the temporary total disablement (TTD) suffered by the player has to prevent him from representing his club for more than 28 days before a claim can be processed.
The 20-year-old Uzoho is expected to undergo surgery in Spain in the coming days.
Football News 24/7
- Former Arsenal Striker Fela Wanted By MK Dons, Tranmere Rovers, Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City
- Leadership Quality In The Mould Of Van Dijk : Rohr Confesses Eagles Are Missing Mikel, Ighalo
- Battle For Super Eagles Goalkeeping Gloves: Rohr Reveals His Top Candidate To Start Vs Benin
- Malmo FF, Slavia Prague, Estoril Scouts In Attendance At Right2Win Football For Hope U19 Tournament
- Nigeria U23 Player Ratings Vs Zambia : Ozornwafor Solid; Awoniyi Lively; Okechukwu Leads; Nwakali Impressive
- U23 AFCON Zambia 1 Nigeria 3 : Okonkwo, Nwakali, Awoniyi Strike As Dream Team VII Return To Winning Ways
- Rohr Names Six Young Super Eagles Players Likely To Start Against Benin
- 'Aribo Is One Of Our Key Players' - Nigeria Manager Rohr To Make Late Decision On Rangers Star
- Rohr Warns Super Eagles Not To Take 'Defensive' Benin Lightly, Clarifies On Late Substitutions
- Super Eagles Captain Musa On Missing The Post-AFCON Internationals Against Ukraine, Brazil
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football