Nigeria Handed Fitness Boost Ahead Of AFCONQ As German-Based LB Resumes Full TrainingPublished: October 23, 2019
Nigeria have been handed a fitness boost ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho with SC Paderborn defender Jamilu Collins' return to full training, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The left-back did not suffer an injury as the Super Eagles were held to a 1-1 draw by Brazil on October 13 but picked up a flu virus upon his return to Germany.
And as a result of the minor ailment, Collins was omitted from the matchday 18 last weekend as SC Paderborn were thrashed 3-0 by Cologne.
Prior to the meeting against Cologne at RheinEnergieStadion, the Nigeria international had played 51 straight league games for SC Paderborn in the 3 Liga, 2. Bundesliga and Bundesliga.
He netted his maiden goal in the Bundesliga in a 3-2 loss to Bayern Munich on game week six.
Paderborn are the basement team in the German top-flight with only one point from eight games, and face Fortuna Düsseldorf in their next league game on Saturday.
Football News 24/7
- (Photo) Left-Sided Attacking Player Extends Contract With Chelsea
- Official : Croatian Club Hajduk Split Loan Out Chinedu
- Mourinho Comments On Signing A Striker Amid Tottenham's Link To Osimhen
- Turkish Federation Issue License To Monaco Loanee Onyekuru; Sekidika Still In Limbo
- Borussia Monchengladbach Looking To Loan Out Nigerian Federation Target Bennetts
- Former Tottenham Hotspur Winger Nathan Oduwa Trialing At Slovak Club AS Trencin
- N3.95B-Rated Winger Moses May Reunite With Ex-Chelsea Coach As Inter Milan Reignite Interest
- Official : Leyton Orient's Alabi Joins Eastleigh On Loan
- Arsenal Fans Divided On Saka's Long Term Position At The Club Amid Link With PSG Star
- Super Eagles Playmaker To Miss Everton's Trip To West Ham, Ancelotti Confirms
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football