EPL Wrap : Billing Shines Vs Man Utd; Watford's Success In 18; Arsenal's Saka Subbed In; Brighton's Balogun MissingPublished: November 02, 2019
A round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, November 2.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
In the early kickoff , Philip Billing helped Bournemouth record a 1-0 win against Manchester United, playing the full game at the Vitality Stadium while teammate Dominic Solanke watched proceedings from the bench.
Just before half-time, Joshua King flicked the ball over Wan-Bissaka and then smashed it past De Gea to secure three points for the Cherries.
At The American Express Community Stadium, Nigeria international Leon Balogun was not in the Brighton & Hove squad against Norwich City. Republic of Ireland youth-teamer Adam Idah was not in the Canaries 18.
On 68 minutes, Leandro Trossard opened the scoring when he poked home Montoya's cross from the right at the near post before Shane Duffy made it 2-0 six minutes from time.
At the Emirates Stadium in London, Arsenal and Wolverhampton Wanderers shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw.
England U19 international Bukayo Saka, who was left out of the starting line-up vs Crystal Palace but started the previous four Premier League games, came off the bench for the second successive game in the 73rd minute.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang hit a first-time shot past Patricio after being found by Lacazette inside the box to give the Gunners the lead in the 21st minute but the visitors got a point from the game thanks to Raul Jimenez's 76th minute equaliser.
In the late kickoff, Isaac Success has returned to Watford's matchday 18 for the first time since August 31 but starts on the bench against Chelsea at Vicarage Road. Fikayo Tomori starts for the Blues as expected.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Osimhen Has A Big Opportunity To Move To An EPL Club' - Rohr On Chelsea, Tottenham Target
- Former Manchester City Midfielder Not Joining Faroese Champions KI Klaksvik
- 'Kanu Spoke To My Dad' - English-Born Tottenham Young Star Open To Representing Nigeria
- Kayserispor's Uzodinma Eyes Dream Move To Chelsea, Hails Role Model Kante
- Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal
- Keep Or Sell : Former Chelsea Defender Aina Has Thirteen Games To Prove Himself
- 'We Like Him' - Rohr Hints At Call-Up For Liverpool's Ex-England U20 World Cup-Winning Midfielder
- Official : Manchester United Wrap Up Nigerian Striker Loan Extension
- Rohr Using Technology To Monitor Fitness Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Uzoho
- Rohr Reveals What May Delay Ehizibue's Super Eagles Debut; Confident Of Luring QPR Stars
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football