Recovery Session For Super Eagles Starters Vs Benin Iwobi, Ndidi, Ajayi; Musa Trains FullyPublished: November 14, 2019
Less than twenty four hours after coming from behind to beat Benin 2-1 in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match, the Super Eagles returned to training on Thursday morning, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.
Today's workout which was a recovery session was held at the Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, Uyo, and lasted approximately one hour.
Although everybody trained, Rohr divided the players into two groups; the likes of Alex Iwobi, Semi Ajayi and Wilfred Ndidi who all started yesterday's game were in the same group while the substitutes including Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon and Chidozie Awaziem formed part of the other group.
The starters against Benin had a shorter training time and left earlier than the other group that trained fully.
The non-playing substitutes worked with the ball, played soccer volleyball and small-sided games without a goalpost.
Nigeria lead Group L of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with three points, two more than their next opponents on Sunday, Lesotho who were held to a 1-1 draw by Sierra Leone in Freetown.
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Playmaker Nominated For Everton's Player And Young Player Of The Season Awards
- 'A Good Start For A Defender' - Osho Thrilled To Help Reading Keep Back-To-Back Clean Sheets
- Confirmed : Arsenal's Nigerian-Born Center Back Extends Loan Deal With Cork City
- Glasgow Celtic Fans Call For Super Eagles Star's Summer Acquisition
- Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Reveals Arsenal Beat Chelsea, West Ham To His Signature
- Confirmed : Blackpool Snap Up Former Flying Eagles Center Back
- 'I Haven't Heard Anything About Club Brugge' - English Manager Dismisses Kadiri's Link With Belgian Champions
- Samuel Chukwueze: Nigeria's Next Big Soccer Star?
- Two Italian Clubs Rivaling West Ham, Everton For Ex-Chelsea Star
- Super Eagles Striker Tests Positive For Coronavirus After Returning From Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football