Trabzonspor's Nigerian Striker Walking A Tightrope Ahead Of Galatasaray ClashPublished: November 19, 2019
Anthony Nwakaeme is walking a tightrope ahead of Trabzonspor's Super Lig meeting with champions Galatasaray at the start of next month, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Having picked up three yellow cards in previous matches, Nwakaeme is one booking away from a suspension.
If he is shown a yellow card in this weekend's match against Ankaragucu, the experienced attacker cum winger will be handed a one-game ban, effectively ruling him out of the important match against Galatasaray.
Nwakaeme was cautioned against Fenerbahce, Basaksehir and Alanyaspor.
He has impressed in his last eight games in the Turkish top-flight, scoring 2 goals while providing three assists, and has been one of the key players for Trabzonspor having gone the distance in all their matches in the league.
The former Hapoel Beer Sheva star had an excellent disciplinary record in his debut season in Turkey as his name was written down only once in the referee's notebook in 31 domestic matches.
Former Nigeria captain John Obi Mikel, who has not played an official game for Trabzonspor for more than six weeks after suffering a thigh injury, has resumed full training and could return to action on Saturday.
Photo Credit : trabzonspor.org.tr
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Playmaker Nominated For Everton's Player And Young Player Of The Season Awards
- 'A Good Start For A Defender' - Osho Thrilled To Help Reading Keep Back-To-Back Clean Sheets
- Confirmed : Arsenal's Nigerian-Born Center Back Extends Loan Deal With Cork City
- Glasgow Celtic Fans Call For Super Eagles Star's Summer Acquisition
- Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Reveals Arsenal Beat Chelsea, West Ham To His Signature
- Confirmed : Blackpool Snap Up Former Flying Eagles Center Back
- 'I Haven't Heard Anything About Club Brugge' - English Manager Dismisses Kadiri's Link With Belgian Champions
- Samuel Chukwueze: Nigeria's Next Big Soccer Star?
- Two Italian Clubs Rivaling West Ham, Everton For Ex-Chelsea Star
- Super Eagles Striker Tests Positive For Coronavirus After Returning From Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football