'Sarri Was Right About Victor Moses' - Turkish Media Attack Chelsea LoaneePublished: November 27, 2019
According to several reports in the Turkish press, including Milliyet, former Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri was right to declare Victor Moses surplus to requirements in the first half of the 2018-2019 season.
Moses's offensive attributes have been questioned by the Turkish media after failing to score or provide an assist in his last four matches in the Super Lig following his return from injury.
Now they are making reference to statements credited to Sarri a year ago in which the Italian gaffer stated that Moses was not a versatile player and only suitable for a wing-back role.
Sarri said in November 2018: ''Moses is more suitable for playing wing-back than like a winger or a full-back, I think. I don’t know (if they have a future at Chelsea). They (Moses and Drinkwater) have to improve but their characteristics are a little bit different''.
Two months after Moses was written off by Sarri, he was shipped out on loan for the fourth time in his Chelsea career, this time to Fenerbahce.
While the right winger showed glimpses of quality in the second half of last season at the Yellow Canaries, he has not lived up to expectations this term due to injury and loss of form.
A return to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window is now being mooted but he is not in the plans of current boss Frank Lampard.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen's Proposed Move To Manchester United Threatened By Former Barcelona Star
- Arsenal's Best Starting Team Of Emirates Era : Iwobi, Akpom, Saka Miss Out
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Ndidi Distributes Gifts To Households In Lagos State
- Leicester Midfielder General Ndidi Named To Most Tackles XI Europe's Top 5 Leagues
- Club Brugge Line Up Replacement For Super Eagles Winger Dennis
- Talented Nigerian Midfielder Agrees New Multi-Year Deal With Chelsea
- Red Bull Salzburg Teen Sensation Explains Why He Rejected Move To Chelsea
- Manchester United Advised To Bid For Saka As A Cheaper Alternative To Jadon Sancho
- Serie A Sleeping Giant Botafogo Hoping To Clinch Signing Of Chelsea Hero Obi Mikel
- Europe's Top 50 Players : Wilfred Ndidi Vs Idrissa Gueye Debate Settled
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football