'Sarri Was Right About Victor Moses' - Turkish Media Attack Chelsea LoaneePublished: November 27, 2019
According to several reports in the Turkish press, including Milliyet, former Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri was right to declare Victor Moses surplus to requirements in the first half of the 2018-2019 season.
Moses's offensive attributes have been questioned by the Turkish media after failing to score or provide an assist in his last four matches in the Super Lig following his return from injury.
Now they are making reference to statements credited to Sarri a year ago in which the Italian gaffer stated that Moses was not a versatile player and only suitable for a wing-back role.
Sarri said in November 2018: ''Moses is more suitable for playing wing-back than like a winger or a full-back, I think. I don’t know (if they have a future at Chelsea). They (Moses and Drinkwater) have to improve but their characteristics are a little bit different''.
Two months after Moses was written off by Sarri, he was shipped out on loan for the fourth time in his Chelsea career, this time to Fenerbahce.
While the right winger showed glimpses of quality in the second half of last season at the Yellow Canaries, he has not lived up to expectations this term due to injury and loss of form.
A return to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window is now being mooted but he is not in the plans of current boss Frank Lampard.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
Football News 24/7
- Fulham's Lookman Earns Praise From Barcelona Legend For Composed Finish Vs Manchester United
- Nigerian Winger Scores Galatasaray's 500th Goal In Official Matches At Turk Telekom Stadium
- 'He Works Really Hard' - Fulham's Aina Admits Bobby Reid Will Be A Big Miss Vs Man Utd
- Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Monitoring Situation Of Ex-Chelsea Midfielder Musiala
- 'I've Scored Four With My Left foot!' - Ndidi On His Superb Strike Against Chelsea
- Confirmed : Queens Park Rangers Loan Out Tottenham Academy Product Of Nigerian Descent
- German Club RB Leipzig Chasing Leicester City's Nigeria International
- 'We Want To Win Everything' - PSV Eindhoven's Madueke After Scoring 8th Goal Of The Season
- Besiktas Interested In Signing Manchester United's Ighalo After Missing Out On Mandzukic
- 'They Haven't Found Someone' - Leicester Hero Heskey Insists Iheanacho Can't Be The New Vardy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football