'Sarri Was Right About Victor Moses' - Turkish Media Attack Chelsea LoaneePublished: November 27, 2019
According to several reports in the Turkish press, including Milliyet, former Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri was right to declare Victor Moses surplus to requirements in the first half of the 2018-2019 season.
Moses's offensive attributes have been questioned by the Turkish media after failing to score or provide an assist in his last four matches in the Super Lig following his return from injury.
Now they are making reference to statements credited to Sarri a year ago in which the Italian gaffer stated that Moses was not a versatile player and only suitable for a wing-back role.
Sarri said in November 2018: ''Moses is more suitable for playing wing-back than like a winger or a full-back, I think. I don’t know (if they have a future at Chelsea). They (Moses and Drinkwater) have to improve but their characteristics are a little bit different''.
Two months after Moses was written off by Sarri, he was shipped out on loan for the fourth time in his Chelsea career, this time to Fenerbahce.
While the right winger showed glimpses of quality in the second half of last season at the Yellow Canaries, he has not lived up to expectations this term due to injury and loss of form.
A return to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window is now being mooted but he is not in the plans of current boss Frank Lampard.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
Football News 24/7
- Official : Former Fiorentina Striker Akammadu Parts Company With Alessandria
- Arsenal-Owned Midfielder Olayinka Reveals Why He Joined Northampton Town On Loan
- Leicester Expert Reckons Manchester City Can't Trigger Buy-Back Option For Iheanacho After 2022
- Official : Indian Super League Club Odisha FC Loan In Spanish-Nigerian Striker
- 'One Of The Most Tactical & Disciplined Teams In Africa" - Ex-Barcelona Star Warns Eagles Of Cape Verde
- 'He Worked For The Team, Was Unselfish' - Success' Attitude Praised By Watford U23 Assistant Coach
- Done Deal : Columbus Crew SC Confirm Capture Of Nigeria's All-Time Leading Scorer In MLS
- Ndidi's Market Value : Leicester Star Is Joint 53rd Most Valuable EPL Player; Joint 10th DM
- Arsenal Invincible Keown Sees Versatile Youngster Saka As A Long-Term Left-Back
- Arsenal Captain Aubameyang Commends Saka On Goal Against Bournemouth
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football