'Sarri Was Right About Victor Moses' - Turkish Media Attack Chelsea LoaneePublished: November 27, 2019
According to several reports in the Turkish press, including Milliyet, former Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri was right to declare Victor Moses surplus to requirements in the first half of the 2018-2019 season.
Moses's offensive attributes have been questioned by the Turkish media after failing to score or provide an assist in his last four matches in the Super Lig following his return from injury.
Now they are making reference to statements credited to Sarri a year ago in which the Italian gaffer stated that Moses was not a versatile player and only suitable for a wing-back role.
Sarri said in November 2018: ''Moses is more suitable for playing wing-back than like a winger or a full-back, I think. I don’t know (if they have a future at Chelsea). They (Moses and Drinkwater) have to improve but their characteristics are a little bit different''.
Two months after Moses was written off by Sarri, he was shipped out on loan for the fourth time in his Chelsea career, this time to Fenerbahce.
While the right winger showed glimpses of quality in the second half of last season at the Yellow Canaries, he has not lived up to expectations this term due to injury and loss of form.
A return to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window is now being mooted but he is not in the plans of current boss Frank Lampard.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- 'I don't want to write him off yet' - Rangers & Ajax legend De Boer urges patience with Bassey
- Super Eagles icon Okocha likened to Di Canio and Matt Le Tissier by Chelsea, Man City legends
- Man Utd announce Anglo-Polish-Nigerian DM has been loaned out until end of the season
- Official : Motherwell loan in Tottenham Hotspur-reared striker Obika
- Madueke faces tough task to make Chelsea's Champions League squad after capture of Fernandez
- Done deals : Gent and Genk complete deadline day transfers of two Nigerian center forwards
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football