'We Have One Of The Fastest Players In La Liga' - Chukwueze's Bench Role Baffles Spanish Football ExpertPublished: December 01, 2019
Valencia secured three points in the derby at the Estadio de Mestalla on Saturday night, beating Villarreal 2-1 thanks to Ferran Torres' game-winning goal after 69 minutes.
Rodrigo Moreno opened the scoring for the home team four minutes after the restart, only for Cameroon midfielder Andre Zambo Anguissa to restore parity on 54 minutes, his first goal at senior level since his move to Europe in 2014.
Samuel Chukwueze came on in the 63rd minute as a replacement for Toko Ekambi and had an impact in the game.
Just before the start of the 2019-2020 season, the Nigeria international switched jersey number to 11, an indication that he was being considered for a starting spot by manager Javi Calleja but this has not been the case, having made only seven starts from a possible 15 in La Liga.
Given his qualities and reputation of being one of the fastest players in La Liga, Spanish football journalist Toni Padilla is baffled over Chukwueze's bench role.
Asked if Chukwueze impressed after coming off the bench, Padilla said on La Liga TV : ''Yes, Samuel Chukwueze is a really fast player and he broke the defence of Valencia. It was really a beautiful game, maybe crazy game if you are in the stands. A lot of chances.''
He added : ''I was surprised he didn't start because he's a player that you'll imagine he will play from the first minute. We have one of the fastest players in La Liga, bring him on and let him play.''
Despite spending only 27 minutes, Chukwueze completed 6 dribbles, more than any other Villarreal player, played three shots and made one key pass, according to stats from Whoscored.
Photo Credit : villarrealcf.es
Football News 24/7
- Excellent Arsenal Performance Earns Saka Rave Reviews From World Media After Draw Vs Standard Liege
- Europa League: 18-Year-Old Nigerian Midfielder Makes Senior Debut For Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Arsenal Interim Coach Ljungberg Explains Why Saka Was Upset With Him Before Standard Liege Tie
- 'Saka Is Genuinely What Chelsea Fans Think CHO Is' - Fans Hail Arsenal Creator After Goal & Assist
- Dinamo's Iyayi Misses Chance To Show Off To Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Barca, 10 Other Euro Teams
- UEL: Teenage Nigerian Midfielder Makes Arsenal Matchday 18 For The First Time In Career
- QPR Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Explains Thinking Behind Wonder Goal Vs Birmingham
- African Giants Al Ahly Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Blessing Eleke
- Sky Sports Pundit Names The Nigerian Player Likely To Start For Arsenal Vs Standard Liege
- Super Eagles Winger Needs 5 More Goals Or 9 Games To Become A Permanent Nantes Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football