Former Norwich Striker Ekoku Reveals The Arsenal Players To Blame For First Goal ConcededPublished: December 01, 2019
The ongoing Premier League match between Norwich City and Arsenal entered the half-time break with the Canaries leading the visitors 2-1 at Carrow Road.
Teemu Pukki gave Norwich City the lead on 21 minutes but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with a twice-taken penalty equalised for the Gunners in the 29th minute, before Todd Cantwell, with the most significant moment of the afternoon, made it 2-1 in first-half stoppage time.
Speaking during commentary for BT Sport, former Norwich City striker and 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner, Efan Ekoku revealed the players to blame for the first goal conceded by Arsenal.
He said : ''If you haven't got that real penetration in and around the opposing penalty box, then you are going to be in trouble.
''It's two against one for Pukki, turns smartly, where is the challenge on him, nobody gets to within a yard and a half just outside the box, David Luiz is waiting and waiting for Pukki to pull the trigger. You have to address the situation.
''Mustafi is actually backpedaling, then comes Chambers, a wicked deflection off the arm of I would imagine Mustafi. It may be going to the opposite corner anyway. Poor defending from Arsenal and precise from Pukki''.
Nigerian winger Bukayo Saka was watching proceedings from the bench as at the 70th minute.
Photo Credit : premierleague.com
Football News 24/7
- Excellent Arsenal Performance Earns Saka Rave Reviews From World Media After Draw Vs Standard Liege
- Europa League: 18-Year-Old Nigerian Midfielder Makes Senior Debut For Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Arsenal Interim Coach Ljungberg Explains Why Saka Was Upset With Him Before Standard Liege Tie
- 'Saka Is Genuinely What Chelsea Fans Think CHO Is' - Fans Hail Arsenal Creator After Goal & Assist
- Dinamo's Iyayi Misses Chance To Show Off To Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Barca, 10 Other Euro Teams
- UEL: Teenage Nigerian Midfielder Makes Arsenal Matchday 18 For The First Time In Career
- QPR Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Explains Thinking Behind Wonder Goal Vs Birmingham
- African Giants Al Ahly Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Blessing Eleke
- Sky Sports Pundit Names The Nigerian Player Likely To Start For Arsenal Vs Standard Liege
- Super Eagles Winger Needs 5 More Goals Or 9 Games To Become A Permanent Nantes Player
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football