Three Nigerian Teenagers Including Saka Left Out Of Arsenal 18 To Face Brighton & HovePublished: December 05, 2019
The two young Nigerian players invited to train with Arsenal first team in their final workout before the visit of Brighton & Hove to the Emirates Stadium will not be making their professional debuts for the North London club tonight, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Gunners interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg ran the rule over versatile center back Tobi Omole and midfielder James Olayinka at London Colney on Wednesday, but the two 19-year-olds have not been selected in the 18-man squad.
Another Nigeria-eligible player Bukayo Saka, 18, will not make his 17th appearance for Arsenal's first team as he has been left out of the squad.
The players in Arsenal's 18 with a similar profile to Omole but more experienced are Sokratis Papastathopoulos, David Luiz and Calum Chambers, while Lucas Torreira, Granit Xhaka, Joe Willock and Matteo Guendouzi have been selected ahead of Olayinka.
Saka has been a constant in Arsenal's first team training this season and it is only a matter of time before the winger is officially promoted to the first team.
Meanwhile, Brighton & Hove coach Graham Potter didn't include Super Eagles star Leon Balogun in his matchday squad to face Arsenal.
The central defender has played just one match this season, against Bristol Rovers in the League Cup, and has been left out of eleven matchday squads in all competitions this campaign.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Victor Osimhen Watches Magical Messi Inspire Barcelona To Win Against Napoli
- Ex-Nigeria Coach Jo Bonfrere Reveals He Has Yet To Collect Gold Medal 24 Years After Olympics
- Photo : Ex-Nigeria U17 Star, Akinkunmi Amoo Flies Out To Sweden To Link Up With Hammarby
- The Reason Zirkzee Was Not In Bayern Munich's Squad Vs Chelsea In Champions League
- Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Named In Bayern's Matchday Squad Vs Ex-Club Chelsea; Zirkzee Snubbed
- Former Tottenham Whizkid Madueke Scores Hat-trick For PSV First Team In Pre-season Friendly
- Four Goals In One Game : Kyoto Sanga's Utaka Still Terrorising Defences At The Age Of 36
- Khimki Brand New Signing Bryan Idowu Makes Competitive Debut Against CSKA Moscow
- 12 Goals In 13 Games: Valmiera's Arokodare Continues Scoring Spree With First Career Hat-trick
- QPR Ahead Of Middlesbrough In Race For Tottenham Hotspur's Super Eagles-Eligible Midfielder
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football