Nigeria's Joint-Top Scorer In Europe Reacts To Cagliari Link; Fires Blanks On His BirthdayPublished: December 08, 2019
Cyriel Dessers has reacted to speculation linking him with a possible switch to Italian Serie A club Cagliari in the January transfer window.
The Heracles Almelo striker is having a brilliant season, scoring 11 goals in 16 matches which makes him the joint-leading Nigerian goalscorer in the European Leagues (top division only), an honour he shares with Partizan Belgrade's Umar Sadiq who has identical statistics.
Dessers didn't deny that Cagliari probably came to scout him in the Netherlands but claimed that the Italian club have not firmed up their interest with an official bid.
Soccernews.nl making reference to Fox Sports quoted Dessers as saying : ''You occasionally read some things. There is a difference between coming to see and effectively showing interest or making an offer.''
Born December 8, 1994, Dessers was disappointed that he failed to add to his 11 goals in the Dutch Eredivisie on the day he celebrated his 25th birthday, firing blanks in a goalless draw at Sparta Rotterdam.
''I had hoped for that extra boost, but apparently it doesn't bring anything to such a birthday."
The Super Eagles hopeful has vowed to see out the remainder of the season with Heracles Almelo amid rumours linking him with a departure in the winter transfer market.
''No, I just hope to finish the season here. There are still twenty games to be played, so plenty of work to do. Play-offs? Yes, hopefully also a few games in the cup,'' Dessers concluded.
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Coach Zidane Explains Reasoning Behind Bringing On Akinlabi In Second Half
- Nantes' Simon, Racing Genk's Onuachu, Antwerp's Pius Score For Euro Clubs
- Akinlabi Enters The History Books As First Nigerian To Play Competitively For Real Madrid
- Ndidi Is A better CB Than Maguire, Lindelof Combined' - Fans Praise Leicester Emergency Center Back
- Akinlabi's Jersey Number Revealed Ahead Of Potential Debut For Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad
- Obi Mikel Suffers Defeat On Home Debut For Stoke City
- 'He's One For The Future' - Arsenal Winger Chooses Miguel Azeez As 'The Next Big Thing'
- Most Fouled Player Tella Shines Off The Bench For Southampton As Spurs' Kane Sets New EPL Record
- 'Osimhen Is So Incredibly Fast, Great Player ' - Fans React As Super Eagle Debuts For Napoli
- Official : Super Eagles Defender Shehu Returns To Cyprus To Join AC Omonia
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football