Hotter Than He Was At Sunderland : Bordeaux's Maja Has Contributed To 6 Goals In Last 3 GamesPublished: December 09, 2019
Super Eagles striker Josh Maja assisted Yacine Adli's 31st minute goal but Jordan Amavi, Morgan Sanson and Nemanja Radnojic grabbed Marseille's goals in the 48th, 60th and 90th minutes respectively to claim a priceless 3-1 home win against Bordeaux at the Stade Velodrome in a Match day 17 match in the French Ligue 1.
Following his assist on Sunday, the former Sunderland starlet has had a hand in six goals (4 goals, 2 assists) in his last three matches for Bordeaux, extending his personal record for most goals and assists combined in three successive matches.
Back in the 2018-2019 season, Maja contributed to 4 goals (3 goals, 1 assist) in three straight matches for the Black Cats, August 11 - August 22, 2018.
The Nigerian teed up young French U20 international Adli who hit an unstoppable shot from the edge of Marseille's penalty box.
A Dimitri Payet's corner was met by Amavi who nodded home for Marseille's second goal. Sanson then made it 2-1 with a similar strike as Bordeaux's Adli with a rasping shot.
Serbian midfielder Nemanja Radonjic was awarded Marseille's third goal in the 90th minute despite the ball deflecting off Aurélien Tchouaméni as it was goal bound even before the failed intervention by the young French defender to clear the ball.
Super Eagles winger Samuel Kalu was an unused substitute in the match.
Photo Credit : girondins.com
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football