'Experienced Players Are Very Important' - Osimhen Getting Tips From Ex-Chelsea StarPublished: December 10, 2019
Ahead of Lille's final Champions League group match on Tuesday night, Victor Osimhen has revealed that he's learning how to become a better player from the experienced footballers in the ranks of the Ligue 1 club.
The Nigeria international made special reference to Loic Remy, saying he used to watch the former Chelsea striker on television while he was growing up.
Thirty-three in January 2020, Remy won the Premier League title with Chelsea four years ago and earned 31 caps for France's senior national team, the last of which came in a 3-0 win vs Armenia in October 2014.
''Experienced players are very important. It's great to be able to play alongside players like José Fonte, Loïc Rémy, Benjamin André ....,'' Osimhen was quoted as saying by Le Petit Lillois.
''When you are a young player, you arrive in a new club, you can only rejoice to receive so many tips, I could not have hoped for better. ''
On Loic Remy, the Lille number 7 added : ''I still remember my first training with Loïc. I thought, "Wow! I saw him on TV with Chelsea and today I play with him.
''I observe the way he moves, how he behaves in front of the goal. I try to enrich myself with his experience.
''It's a dream for me to play alongside this type of player, especially since Loïc is a quality player, but he is also a quality man."
Although Lille have crashed out of European competitions, Osimhen will be hoping to put himself in the shop window in today's clash at Stamford Bridge.
The 20-year-old has scored two of Lille's three goals in this season's Champions League.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football