Youngest Nigerian Player To Score For Arsenal On Full EPL Debut Revealed As Martinelli Makes Gunners HistoryPublished: December 10, 2019
When Gabriel Martinelli netted a crucial equaliser in the 60th minute of Arsenal's 3-1 win against West Ham United on Monday night, he became the youngest player to score for the Gunners on their full Premier League debut.
The Brazil U23 international was aged 18 years and 174 days when he achieved the record at the London Stadium.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria's record holder for the youngest player to score for Arsenal on their first Premier League start is Super Eagles playmaker Alex Iwobi, who was aged 19 years and 320 days when he opened his account in the Premier League against his current club Everton on his full Premier League debut.
Three minutes before half-time, the Hale End Academy product held off the challenge of Funes Mori before beating goalkeeper Robles, with Héctor Bellerín providing the assist.
While Iwobi played six matches in total before registering his first goal in the Premier League, Martinelli featured in his eighth match on Monday night.
The Nigeria international spent 80 minutes on the pitch in total prior to his maiden goal in the Premier League while the Brazilian was in action for more than two hours (155 minutes).
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Paris St. Germain Reportedly Interested In Manchester United Striker Ighalo?
- Manchester City Keeping Tabs On 'Raheem Sterling-Like' Nigerian Winger Alli
- Racing Genk's Dessers, Club Brugge's Dennis Suffer Training Ground Injuries
- Official : TSV Hartberg Loan In Ex-Golden Eaglets Skipper Tijani From Red Bull Salzburg
- Crystal Palace Thrashing Out Terms With Queens Park Rangers For 11.9B-Rated Midfielder Eze
- 'England Is A Strong Possibility' - Stoke City, West Brom Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Chelsea Legend
- Ex-Nigeria U17 Dazzler Amoo Named In Hammarby Matchday 18 But Won't Make Full Debut
- Super Eagles Target Trains With Bayern Munich In Lagos Ahead Of Barcelona Clash
- 'He's Definitely A Concern For The Weekend' - Rangers Coach Gerrard Confirms Balogun Is Injured
- Japanese-Nigerian Nduka; Rangers' Aribo; Mjallby's Ogbu; Kyoto Sanga's Utaka On Target
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football