England Looking To Beat Nigeria, Republic Of Ireland To Former Arsenal Winger OkoflexPublished: December 10, 2019
The international future of former Arsenal schoolboy Armstrong Okoflex is up for debate with the English Football Association looking to convince the highly-rated winger to pledge his allegiance to England.
According to the Telegraph, the Football Association are pushing the Celtic youngster to commit his international future to England.
Born in Dublin in March 2002, Okoflex qualifies to represent Nigeria through his parents but the three-time African champions are lagging behind the two European nations in the race for his services.
The attack-minded teenager played non-binding games for England U16 and U17 national teams before becoming provisionally cap-tied to Republic of Ireland in a UEFA EURO U19 Championship qualifier against Switzerland on November 14, 2019.
Regarded as one of the top talents at the Celtic Academy, Okoflex was included in matchday squads for two Scottish Premiership games last season but failed to come off the bench on both occasions.
He will be able to switch allegiances to the Super Eagles until he makes his competitive debut for either England or Republic of Ireland.
Okoflex is on the radar of English clubs ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
Photo Credit : celticfc.net
Football News 24/7
- Victor Osimhen Watches Magical Messi Inspire Barcelona To Win Against Napoli
- Ex-Nigeria Coach Jo Bonfrere Reveals He Has Yet To Collect Gold Medal 24 Years After Olympics
- Photo : Ex-Nigeria U17 Star, Akinkunmi Amoo Flies Out To Sweden To Link Up With Hammarby
- The Reason Zirkzee Was Not In Bayern Munich's Squad Vs Chelsea In Champions League
- Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Named In Bayern's Matchday Squad Vs Ex-Club Chelsea; Zirkzee Snubbed
- Former Tottenham Whizkid Madueke Scores Hat-trick For PSV First Team In Pre-season Friendly
- Four Goals In One Game : Kyoto Sanga's Utaka Still Terrorising Defences At The Age Of 36
- Khimki Brand New Signing Bryan Idowu Makes Competitive Debut Against CSKA Moscow
- 12 Goals In 13 Games: Valmiera's Arokodare Continues Scoring Spree With First Career Hat-trick
- QPR Ahead Of Middlesbrough In Race For Tottenham Hotspur's Super Eagles-Eligible Midfielder
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football