Europa League: 18-Year-Old Nigerian Midfielder Makes Senior Debut For Wolverhampton WanderersPublished: December 13, 2019
American-born Nigerian midfielder Owen Otasowie has made his professional debut for English Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Aged 18 years and 236 days, Wolves manager Nuno Espírito Santo handed the box-to-box midfielder his debut in the 73rd minute of Thursday evening's 4-0 rout of Besiktas in the Europa League.
Otasowie is the second youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature in the group stage of the Europa League this season after Arsenal's Bukayo Saka who was aged 18 years and 14 days when he started against Eintracht Frankfurt on September 19.
He was rewarded with a senior debut after his brilliant form for Wolverhampton Wanderers U23 team.
Prior to his maiden appearance for Wolves, he was an unused substitute against Sporting Braga (Nov 28) in the Europa League and Sheffield United in the Premier League (Dec 1).
Few minutes after his introduction against Besiktas, Otasowie almost scored but his header hit the woodwork.
The highly-rated youngster is also eligible to turn out for England and has played non-binding games for United States U18 team.
Photo Credit : wolves.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Italian Transfer Market Expert : Napoli Coach, Sporting Director Like Ex-Chelsea Star Aina
- Blackpool Inserted Sell-on Clause As Part Of Deal Taking Osayi-Samuel To QPR
- Victor Osimhen Watches Magical Messi Inspire Barcelona To Win Against Napoli
- Ex-Nigeria Coach Jo Bonfrere Reveals He Has Yet To Collect Gold Medal 24 Years After Olympics
- Photo : Ex-Nigeria U17 Star, Akinkunmi Amoo Flies Out To Sweden To Link Up With Hammarby
- The Reason Zirkzee Was Not In Bayern Munich's Squad Vs Chelsea In Champions League
- Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder Named In Bayern's Matchday Squad Vs Ex-Club Chelsea; Zirkzee Snubbed
- Former Tottenham Whizkid Madueke Scores Hat-trick For PSV First Team In Pre-season Friendly
- Four Goals In One Game : Kyoto Sanga's Utaka Still Terrorising Defences At The Age Of 36
- Khimki Brand New Signing Bryan Idowu Makes Competitive Debut Against CSKA Moscow
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football